Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

electronics

Well,

I received a pm yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by electronics
    For your proxy leech site, can I see the day by day adsense stats for this week? Send me a screenshot. Cover up the CPM and CTR fields.

Once you do that, I will buy your otehr sites at BIN price.

Thanks breakout.
    Now I had sold proxyleech, and I even replyed to his pm, saying no thanks, he has only just registered and had 0 posts. Why would he want to see a screenshot of ads on a site that I had sold. It has no relievance to the rest of my sites.

--

Speaking to Anne today, she said she received a bin for all her websites, and I guessed it was him.

Anyone else receive this offer? Mods/Admins can you take care of him, seems a bit fishy.

-Scott
    Linux Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Is your website Sluggish? Unavailable? Insecure?

Why not call us? +44 0141 2800134

Gone!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to the correct forum.

Secondly, forgive me, but you will need to elaborate on exactly what the problem is with this user?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is, why is he interested in revenue stats for sites that have been sold. Why would he offer to buy all of your sites at bin price just to show him stats from other sites?

I wonder how many people he actually asked.

-Scott

Gone!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps he wanted to buy the sites at the BIN and wanted proof of revenue? Seems the most likely cause is that he did not realise that the sites were sold, or thought he could sneak in before a deal with the highest bidder was completed.

Suggest you reply to his PM asked why he would offer BIN for a site which had already been sold. Might clear things up

Suggest you also modify your sig to comply with the guidelines, notably the maximum font size of 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done.

No he KNEW it was sold.

I just wanted to confirm that your sites can and potentially make revenue via adsense by seeing your adsnese screenshots.
    So if my other sites can make revenue that means these ones can? It was clearly stated in the post that those ones make little to no revenue. Its just extremely fishy that someone wants revenue of sites that are sold. Its not like he "missed" the post, because he knew it was sold, read what he said, I will buy all your other sites.

He also did the same thing to Anat, So I bet hes sent it to lots of people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is something odd about his PM's. As Scott said, I got one as well. It was the exact copy of what Scott got, only he asked about another site of course. In both cases it was simply the first site in the thread. In both cases the sites had already been sold and in both cases he asked for proof of revenue of site A while offering to buy all other sites that were still unsold. It's odd to say the least. I did get back to him of course but never heard back again.
    I always tend to let people enjoy the benefit of the doubt, so I'm not pointing any fingers here. All I'm saying is that these PM's are very odd and I wonder how many sellers are getting them.
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds as if he doesn't really understand how AdSense works. That said, the best course of action here, if you are worried about the legitimacy of his offer to buy your website, is to say no thanks and not sell to him. It doesn't appear he has broken any rules.
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I was wondering why he is wanting them. Bleys in all honesty would you offer to buy bins for all the other sites when you dont even know how adsense works? If me and anne did say yes and gave him it, that would probley total over $2,000 for all the sites we put for sale.

Oh and the fact that he never responded. The main reason I posted was to see how many people got that message, I was leaving it be until Anne said on msn that someone offered to bin all her sites. I knew straight away.

-Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chances are he just doesn't know what he's doing and that he means no harm. I'm saying that because I tend to believe there are fewer scammers out there on the net then people tend to think. That said, there is the possibility of some sort of scam behind this, so I think it's good to let other people know about the PM's. I know that for many people, an offer to buy all of the sites for BIN can be very very tempting.
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *reminds Anne about woforums*

I rest my case...