SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main people that benefit from the Get Paid To Surf and Get Paid To Read Email sites is the Webmaster/owener of the site.

The main reasons for this is because the advertiser loose out from having very, very untargeted traffic plus most webmasters never pay their affiliates. They just keep the money theirselfs.

Most of these sites are scams and are sites that I wouldn't even look at once than twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john278
    The main people that benefit from the Get Paid To Surf and Get Paid To Read Email sites is the Webmaster/owener of the site.

The main reasons for this is because the advertiser loose out from having very, very untargeted traffic plus most webmasters never pay their affiliates. They just keep the money theirselfs.

Most of these sites are scams and are sites that I wouldn't even look at once than twice.

Word. Avoid them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weblaunch
    Most people who participate in these programs are looking to get paid, not to spend money. The money has to come from advertisers, not the surfers. As an advertiser, I would not pay to have my ads shown to people who surf for money.
    Actually, the way it's working these days is you deposit money, then you earn a percentage back of that money each day if you surf X sites. Most of them are autosurfs now, so there's even less benefit to advertisers. The way they make money and are able to pay their members is by getting more people to join and deposit their money so they can earn the 1% per day or whatever it may be. Like I said, it's a ponzi scheme; they're robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mwack
    Actually, the way it's working these days is you deposit money, then you earn a percentage back of that money each day if you surf X sites. Most of them are autosurfs now, so there's even less benefit to advertisers. The way they make money and are able to pay their members is by getting more people to join and deposit their money so they can earn the 1% per day or whatever it may be. Like I said, it's a ponzi scheme; they're robbing Peter to pay Paul.

You are right in that they dont pay, but it isn't really a ponzi scheme. More of a pyramid scheme.

Unauthorized Web Theologian emmzee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john278

Ahem. While I'm sure there's many scams in the "get paid to" area, there's also probably an equal number that pay their members on time and every time. Over the years I've received payments from dozens of these sort of program.

There's a quite a leap to go from saying "you probably won't make much money from these programs" to "all of these programs are scams".

Re the traffic, I'd agree it'd be useless traffic for most websites ... except maybe websites targeted to the type of people likely to use the "get paid to" sites?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't said that they are all scams. I said that most of them are scams, which means that more than 50% of them are scams, it could be about 50.1%, it could be 70%, it could even be 80%. But I know that more of them are scams than what pay you.

Quote Originally Posted by emmzee
    Ahem. While I'm sure there's many scams in the "get paid to" area, there's also probably an equal number that pay their members on time and every time. Over the years I've received payments from dozens of these sort of program.

There's a quite a leap to go from saying "you probably won't make much money from these programs" to "all of these programs are scams".

Re the traffic, I'd agree it'd be useless traffic for most websites ... except maybe websites targeted to the type of people likely to use the "get paid to" sites?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an advertiser, I'm so glad to see people clicking my ads because they are paid too... How thats what I call high quality traffic. How about if all of you pay me .50 each to visit your sites... And you know what, I really dont carewhat your sites about, but I'll come visit for .50 This concept just strikes a "nerve" with me... What ever happened to quality websites with no spyware, popups,etc, just wanting to promote. The web sure seems like a dog eat dog world anymore... So many webmasters who put in alot of work and time, and hopefully, when the months over, pay for hosting, advertisment, etc, and still have a few bucks left over to take their wife out for dinner.... Thanks guys...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budhanes
    The web sure seems like a dog eat dog world anymore...
    hmmm...When did it not?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would never pay someone to visit my site if they don't even car what it's about. I want to person to be interested in my site and what it has to other as I want sales generated from the result of my visitors not me paying them to click on my site and click straight of it again.

Doing that is a poor way to advertise and money is better spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by budhanes
    As an advertiser, I'm so glad to see people clicking my ads because they are paid too... How thats what I call high quality traffic. How about if all of you pay me .50 each to visit your sites... And you know what, I really dont carewhat your sites about, but I'll come visit for .50 This concept just strikes a "nerve" with me... What ever happened to quality websites with no spyware, popups,etc, just wanting to promote. The web sure seems like a dog eat dog world anymore... So many webmasters who put in alot of work and time, and hopefully, when the months over, pay for hosting, advertisment, etc, and still have a few bucks left over to take their wife out for dinner.... Thanks guys...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Oh, Yes, you can get paid....

Although there are many scammers out here in cyberspace, there is one place that has been paying it's members for the last 2 years .... every month for two years and they are growing rapidly!

I'm not only paid for my surfing; I am advertising my sites as well.

You can't put all programs in the same basket. Do your homework....search and see for yourself before you join.

Check out the forums, these guys are changing peoples lives for the better. From all walks of life and all corners of the globe.

Po maika`i (Blessings) ~S~

Are YOU there yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1mauigirl
    Although there are many scammers out here in cyberspace, there is one place that has been paying it's members for the last 2 years .... every month for two years and they are growing rapidly!

I'm not only paid for my surfing; I am advertising my sites as well.

You can't put all programs in the same basket. Do your homework....search and see for yourself before you join.

Check out the forums, these guys are changing peoples lives for the better. From all walks of life and all corners of the globe.

Are YOU there yet?
    Wow I hate when people just join a forum to get referrals to surfing programs etc. and make one post than leave .

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Aloha, "Hey"

Quote Originally Posted by Hey
    Wow I hate when people just join a forum to get referrals to surfing programs etc. and make one post than leave .
    LOL ~ Did not post to get referrals ~ was making a point that though there are many traffic surf programs out there that 'belly up' before pay day, there are some (though few) that pay and pay and pay.

I was reading through all these posts and there are definite black or white opinions, hopefully mine is viewed as white

Because of their 'localness' the type of sites I own is not the kind that would benefit from an autosurf program. Nor would they benefit anyone here.

But the autosurf program that I am a member of can benefit people.

So if I was blowing my own horn too loudly, I apologize. But I do not apologize for telling of an awesome program that is within the context of the subject under discussion.

The subject is "Do Paid-To-Surf Programs work. My answer is mine does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1mauigirl
    LOL ~ Did not post to get referrals ~ was making a point that though there are many traffic surf programs out there that 'belly up' before pay day, there are some (though few) that pay and pay and pay.

I was reading through all these posts and there are definite black or white opinions, hopefully mine is viewed as white

Because of their 'localness' the type of sites I own is not the kind that would benefit from an autosurf program. Nor would they benefit anyone here.

But the autosurf program that I am a member of can benefit people.

So if I was blowing my own horn too loudly, I apologize. But I do not apologize for telling of an awesome program that is within the context of the subject under discussion.

The subject is "Do Paid-To-Surf Programs work. My answer is mine does.

And you included a referal link for what?
    - un1x
    Content Sites:A|B
    Blogs:My Blog

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ethics and morals aside - these programs just don't work at all. They're based on a fool's paradise ...that you can make easy money.

In the long run the only people that make anything worth the effort are the sites that start the schemes - not the players. And almost all of these sites are only here for today and will be gone tomorrow.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well

Is Netbux a scam?
    or is it true
    since alot of ppl said it's true

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love people that think the only way to make money is through sweat and blood . These are the same people that think michael dell and bill gates got rich because they got lucky. lol. or that what they found was revoultionary. sure it was but so is every other business created no one would pay for something that isnt revolutionary. but the fact of the matter is that it is the people who look to find systems that will make them money for "nothing" who truley come out with everything in the end. if u look hard enough you'll find what you are looking for. The thing about autosurf sites is that you create a huge base of loyal dedicated members all taking a personal interest in the growth of the company who come back every single day and read every single ad, newsletter, and new piece of information on the site religiously. So regardless if they use Peter to pay Paul what they are building is a membership base who cant wait to support them in their future endeavors as long as they are getting paid.so that eventually peter no longer depends on paul to get paid. of course it takes time and has a deal of risk in them but so does every other investment. There is only one such site i know of that has figured that out and im not gonna even mention its name but im sure most of u have heard of it. anyone one with even a dab of intelligence would realize a ponzi scheme will eventually fall but using it to create a business that has a huge client base from the start has is genius.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon55
    but the fact of the matter is that it is the people who look to find systems that will make them money for "nothing" who truley come out with everything in the end.

That quote is moronic on too many levels to debate.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horowitz
    That quote is moronic on too many levels to debate.
    judging by the amount of intellect you were able to put into your reply im sure you find MOST things difficult to debate.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snake oil will cure any ailment. Would you like to buy some snake oil from me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horowitz
    Snake oil will cure any ailment. Would you like to buy some snake oil from me?
    I'll buy some, but only if you place a bid in my auction where I'm the exclusive broker for. It's a bridge that connects Brooklyn to Manhattan, and it's for sale. Serious inquiries only!