SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Script for sending credit card information

I am looking into creating a website for a bed and breakfast and they are wanting to be able to make reservations online. What script could I use to do this. This would involve taking credit card information and the whole works.

If someone can help me out on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would depend on what you want to do with the information once you have it. Do you want to process it immediately? Do you want to just store it for later retrieval? If you are looking at storing it or emailing it, you might want to make sure that the information is stored in an encrypted format...
    My life blood:
    BuildACommunity.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that part i don't know. i was approached about doing this type of thing for the bed and breakfast and I said I had no idea on how to do it. i'm assuming that it would be for immediate processing. that's just a guess though. also, does it matter what type of server the site is on to run such things? i usually have never gotten this technical with a site. please help!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's for a B&B, most likely the credit card on the site is for the reservation, not actually for paying for the room. Hotels use a credit card to reserve/guarantee a room and then when you check in, you give them the same card to verify, then you actually pay when you check out.
    Kevin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess my question is now, how do I encrypt the information from the person filling out the form so that someone else can't see it or can't find it? I'm familiar with making a form so that someone can send a comment, but I have never gone this far into a form.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spdrcr,

Try the link below to an article at webmonkey, as it shows how to encrypt data from a form and mail it. It uses PHP and some encryption libraries.
    http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...tutorial1.html

I don't use PHP myself but some of the other SPF members may be able to help you if you get stuck.