User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Cookie Building - Using input form

Hi guys,

Having spent a good while reading the various articles and threads on this site, and numerous others, it seems that i'll have to admit defeat and see if i can get any help.

Hopefully the thread title gives you a clue to what i'm trying to do but here goes in a bit more detail.

The problem occurs when i want to have a form (off the main form)which allows visitors to add an infinite number of comments about a topic. So the visitor goes on, fills in the comment (which stores to a cookie)and then if desired clicks add another comment. The form then clears out and the user can add another comment which will save in the same cookie but not overwrite the first comment. The user should be able to fill in an infinite number of comments which will build up in the cookie and then when finished click another submit button which will take them back to the main form with a nice thanks for entering your comments response.

Firstly is this possible, i can't find anything about it. If so, could you give me any pointers.

Thanks.
    Andy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops think i'd of been better sticking this in the normal php forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember there is a 4kb limit on cookie size. http://wp.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dufresne
    Firstly is this possible, i can't find anything about it. If so, could you give me any pointers.
    Try using sessions instead of using cookies directly: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-start.php

Douglas
    Hello World

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)