Maybe someone can help with this...
For the past week I have been experiencing a really bad FTP upload connection when I try to upload files to my various sites (several different, hosts). I can download via FTP fine, but when I use my FTP client to upload files, then the progress bar gets to 100%, but it doesn't complete - in stead the upload transfer progressively plummets to like 6KbPS.
I have checked the ADSL connection here, and the upload and download transfer is fine on the actual connection, it just seems to die when I FTP up.
I have tried a different broadband connection at home and it works fine.
- The problem has only been this week.
- Internet connection doesn't appear to be the problem.
- Not connecting to just one server to upload, but several independent server, the problem happens across all of them.
- I'm not uploading large files - just HTML pages mainly.
- The ISP can't see anything wrong their end.
- The problem seems to happen about 3/4 of the time. The other 1/4 of the time, upload is fine.
- There have been no firewall changes etc since it worked fine.
If anyone can see why on Earth this might be happening I'd be really grateful for any pointers.
Bizarre, and very frustrating!!