SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideas for scripts?

Im looking for an idea for another off-the-shelf script to write, been kicking heaps of ideas around but nothing seems to really appeal as a good idea!

So i thought ill come to the good people at SP and ask for some input...
    So what do you think would be a cool script to be able to pick up and intergrate with your site snap bang just like that??

Any ideas or input would be swell!!
    SiteOptions >> Services :: Products :: Contact
    Developers of PHP, C++, Visual Basic, MySQL, and more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a really seasy to use script for creating .htaccess protected directories? It would have to be know how to create .htaccess and .htuser files, and have a nice simple interface where it shows you all the directories on the server and lets you select one and then set if it should be password protected or not, add / delete users etc.

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a ToDo List for webmasters.

Where you can write notes about what pages needed updating, when it's time to change the poll, when it's time to promote the site(s) again, that kind of thing.

I think a lot of webmasters would go for it, if it was FREE *wink* *wink* of even it was only a couple of dollars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second Skunk's idea. One script that managed your entire site's worth of .htaccess would be sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ToDo: Yes good idea! Maybe even with an optional cron tab task so you can have your days tasks sent to you as an email...
    The good thing is its simple, and i could make it free...cant really charge for something like that

htaccess thing: That to is a great idea...ill have a think about that one...

Thanks guys!
    SiteOptions >> Services :: Products :: Contact
    Developers of PHP, C++, Visual Basic, MySQL, and more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idea

Maybe I have not looked hard enough, but how about a script that would forward a page to a friend that does not have a banner attached to it.

I've seen several "tell a friend" scripts out there, but they are either too clunky (wnat you to forward it to 10 friends) or they have abanner attached to it!

What I would really like it one like the one that appears on http://www.pastors.com/pcom/specials/RWMT-1.asp

I know that this particular one is done with ASP, and I have no idea if it can be done with a Java script, but You asked what we wanted, so....... this is what I would like to have in a dream world.
    Todd Stephens
    www.Todd-Stephens.com