Thread: Mouse Problems!

There can be only One.... joelwills's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mouse Problems!

Hi,

Know anything about mouse problems? My mouse has gone crazy at home, it started when playing Elite Force, it just went mental with movement and button clicks all over the shop whenever I touched the mouse. Now it works erratically for about 1 minute (moving jerkily) and then stops completely. I have un- and re-installed the Intellipoint Wheel Mouse software, but that hasnít helped. Iím trying to uninstall it, so I can reinstall it, but canít find out how. Do you have any ideas?

I've tried Control Panel > Mouse settings, and updating the driver in Device Manager, but they've failed to solve the problem. I've connected another mouse and had the same problem, so at least I know it's not the mouse itself.

Any other ideas?
    Life Goggles - The Entertaining Environment Blog
    http://www.lifegoggles.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Mouse Problems!

Originally posted by joelwills

I have un- and re-installed the Intellipoint Wheel Mouse software, but that hasnít helped. Iím trying to uninstall it, so I can reinstall it, but canít find out how. Do you have any ideas?
    Im a bit confused. When you say you are trying to uninstall it, what are you talking about? It cant be the software becuase you said that you have un and re-installed that already so you must be talking about the mouse itself. To remove the mouse completely, right click on "My Computer" and select properties. Then select the "device manager" tab, click on the + sign beside the mouse and select the mouse itself. Then click "remove".

Now click apply and ok, then reboot. when your system restarts it should re-detect the mouse and install the drivers.

If it still gives you problems let us know - you may have a COM port that has gone haywire, but we will worry about that if it gets that far.

good luck
    http://www.avgallery.com.au/ - Your ticket to high-end audio!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To uninstall it you would uninstall both the software, and the driver. The driver, for mine, appears as "Microsoft PS/2 Intellimouse" under the "Device manager" in Control Panel/System.

The software is called "Intellipoint"

Is this what you mean?

You might also want to try and reinstall your Directx version, preferably with a newer version (because you can't uninstall directx).

Sounds like it could be a hardware problem though
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth BlogTwitterContact me
    Neon Javascript FrameworkJokesAndroid stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sorry, wasn't quite clear, that's what I meant mmj. When I said "it" I meant the mouse itself.

I have uninstalled the Intellipoint software and wanted to remove the mouse. I will do as you both suggest and remove it completely and hope the restart sorts it out.

If not, I'll try a new DirectX (I think I have 8 although haven't updated it for a while), then borrow another version of the same mouse to see if the mouse itself is the problem, and if all that doesn't work I'll post back here.

Thanks for the help folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solved!

Thanks!