User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MSDE cannot import DorkNozzle.sql?

Hello everyone,
    My name is Mickael. I am using the Book by Zak Ruvalcaba: “Building ASP.NET Websites”.
    Well every thing Nice, But MSDE cannot import the DorkNozzle.sql.
    This is the Err. Messege I got:

There was an error importing the database. The status of the import is unknown.
    Actually it imports the file but without any datas inside. Trying to make sql quiry, I only can see the headers of every table and that is all.

here a snippet of the DorkNozzle.sql:

/* Generated by Web Data Administrator on 1/26/2004 3:55:23 PM */

/* Options selected: database drop-commands table-schema table-data stored-procedures comments */

/****** Object: Database Dorknozzle Script Date: 1/26/2004 3:55:23 PM ******/
    IF EXISTS (SELECT name FROM master.dbo.sysdatabases WHERE name = N'Dorknozzle')
    DROP DATABASE [Dorknozzle]
    GO

CREATE DATABASE [Dorknozzle] ON (NAME = N'Dorknozzle_dat',
    FILENAME = N'C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$NetSDK\data\Dorknozzle.mdf' ,

SIZE = 2, FILEGROWTH = 10%) LOG ON
    (NAME = N'Dorknozzle_log', FILENAME = N'C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$NetSDK\data\Dorknozzle.ldf' ,

SIZE = 1, FILEGROWTH = 10%)
    COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
    GO
    Did any body had this problem before? Please help me somebody.
    Thanx and Regards
    Mickael

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, I think we did this one before.. Make sure those paths exist in your SQL script.

Prior Post

Also, use the search feature for "dorknozzle".

Dan

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan,
    Thanx for the reply, the path is right. It loads or it does as if it loads. But every table in the database contains not a single ROW. Headers(ColumnNames) only. You can send an SELECT statment from a Query, but you can't see nothing apart from the header. That is my problem. But in Access i could see every thing.
    Ok I will searh on DorkNozzle.sql Thread.
    Regards
    Mickael

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi it's me again.
    This time i have the exact Error:
    There was an error importing the database. The status of the import is unknown.

trying to convert a char-Datatype to a datetime_DataType, the datetime-value ranges out of order.-----Which is in German language like this:
    Bei der Konvertierung eines char-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der datetime-Wert außerhalb des gültigen Bereichs.

Dan i was searching on dorkNozzle thread. There are some threads, but it seems no body had this kind of Error before.
    Regards
    Mickael