User Tag List

Thread: Beware

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beware

Found this on the internet, beware of these people. I remember them, they were exposed in several newsletters, including DigitalMoses, Adbumb, MediaPost etc. Now they are back!

Mike Bonfils & Tanya Alvarez – BlinkAds.com | TrafficVendors | Hyperinteractive |
    We aren’t sure when this guy got into the industry, but he’s been around for a while fooling investors, advertisers and even some of the foremost leaders in the industry. However, he’s on the run now, hiding behind different company names including BlinkAds.

CMORECLICKS
    We don’t know much about this venture, except from a former employee who has been telling people that after booking tons of advertising for clients, Mr. Bonfils claimed that one of his “partners” stole the money and left. Clients were left with non-refunded deposits, and Bonfils went to his next venture.

TRAFFICVENDORS
    We’ve received several letters from several former employees of one of his last ventures, “TrafficVendors” which was shut down after being raided by the federal government. We aren’t 100% sure what happened, but one former employee told us that they showed up to work one day, only to find out that Mr. Bonfils had disappeared, that money was missing and they would not be getting their paychecks. Federal investigators soon contacted them, and they found that their boss, Mr. Bonfils has been involved in a long running investor scam. Advertisers were never paid, employees were never paid. Mr.Bonfils, claimed as in his last venture that the President of the company stole money from him. We looked at corporate documents and letterhead – Mr. Bonfils was registered as President and CEO.

"I worked for Bonfils at TrafficVendors and he currently owes me over $20,000."

HYPERINTRACTIVE
    But Mr.Bonfils didn’t stop – he started a new company, called HyperInteractive, which he claimed “hired him” as CEO. Corporate documents clearly show he founded the company and was involved with it months before even closing TrafficVendors (knowing its fate). We aren’t sure what is happening with this, but he has claimed to clients that it’s a separate venture – but they aren’t buying it. At one of the last ad:tech’s he showed up with bodyguards because of the numerous collectors attempting to find him. We understand that HyperInteractive is virtually defunct and is doing little or no business.

BLINKADS
    Now he’s started with a girl named Tanya Alvarez a company called BlinkAds – we couldn’t contact her because they do not have contact numbers on their websites. We’ve heard nothing good about this company and that they are involved with spyware installation across the net and perhaps the subject of a criminal investigation. Whose is Ms. Alvarez? Girlfriend, former employee of TrafficVendors, Hyperintractive. We've little information about this company except they are peddling sleeze-ware and spyware.

Keep away from this pair – these people are dangerous! If you have information about them, what they are doing we recommend that you contact the police or FBI. We know that former employees have contacted the government about them, and that they are looking for more information if you've been ripped off by this team or these companies please contact the authorities!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of any of these sites.

Just out of curiosity but do you have anything positive to say about anything? All of your posts so far have been to trash various networks.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had me up until he "showed up with bodyguards."

LOL - try harder next time
    This post has implanted thoughts in your brain
    that are worth in excess of $1,000,000.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to show a pattern of abuse by one newsletter, www.adbumb.com This person "Tanya Alvarez" used to work for the owner of that. It all goes back to them. Now another adbumb person is commiting scams. Want to make sure no one else is scammed by these people.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ADBUMB has nothing to do with these people. Period. Stop accusing us of stuff.

---
    Pesach Lattin
    ADBUMB Newsletter
    http://www.adbumb.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, Tanya did work for them, and that's how I met her and we were also screwed over by Blink Ads at some point or another, but I do not believe Adbumb has anything to do with her except that she was a former employee. Lots of people bounce around in the industry, but you cannot accuse previous employers for things their ex-employees do.

Get Paid Net 30!
    Switch To CPX Interactive!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever. She's a scammer, as BUDS said, as all the major news organizations said. Funny that adbumb is associated with these people. anyone read their newsletter? do you buy the bs they post?

take a look at their site www.adbumb.com

and tell me if any of you heard of the people mentioned in their "testimonials" . Come on? "MarketingSherpa" what is that supposed to be?

Support real media, not this junk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh ****....does that mean blinkads will run away too some day??
    Calling all Webmasters & Affiliates
    Top Converting PC TV Offer - High Payout. Earn $2K-10K a month.
    Increase your revenue today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you very much!

SitePoint Evangelist mdew_junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaMaven
    "MarketingSherpa" what is that supposed to be?
    Just because you've never heard of something does not mean it's not for real.
    I've certainly heard of MarketingSherpa way before you started ranting about them.

A simple use of Google will show anyone with a clue what MarketingSherpa is about and what their reach is. So much for your 'expertise'

From all of your posts, all you seem to be able to come up with is conspiratorial "tin-foil hat" type criticism which you try to justify as as trying to help other people but increasingly only appear to be annoying attempts at trolling the board without any real constructive input or insight.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I stumbled across this site after I saw the adbumb and blink ads debate. I was under the impression that everyone here was an adult and a professional in their field.

I find it very childish to see this debate. However, I do like to see things pointed out that are incorrect.

Since I have access as all of you do to public information you might want to know that the owner of www.adbumb.com was arrested on April 1, 2004 for assaulting Tanya Alvarez and as a result she had to put a restraining order against him. He continues this nonsense despite the fact that he spent time in jail for his violent actions. Metrics direct party was the place of where the crime took place.

What I don't understand is how all of you can talk trash about each other when you work in the same field.
    I came here to find a good company that can promote my business. But to tell you the truth, why in my right mind would I ever want to do business with any of you who act so childish.

It seems to me that the person who keeps talking about Tanya Alvarez is obsessed with two things. Tanya and adbumb. Could it be that the person talking this garbage is actually trying to look for publicity for adbumb by continously posting the url for it and perhaps this person actually works for adbumb or maybe better yet..the person posting is the owner of adbumb and this how he chooses to bash a former employee who went on with life while trying to salvage his own company.

Enough said.

Talk about something that actually has some substance because this is like a soap opera for people with no life.