Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rep?

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor.kudela
    tell me about this if i would take rep seriously i would stop posting some time ago

i actually got bad rep for making fun or rep itself ( see the first page)
    Hehehe. I just received bad reputation for saying that we're humans and not perfect.

I'll say it again: WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS, THEREFORE NEVER PERFECT! PERFECTION IS AN ABSTRACTUM AND AS LONG AS YOU ARE VISIBLE IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM, YOU ARE AND NEVER WILL BE PERFECT. LIVE WITH IT!

Phew. That felt good.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by URAlly
    If members are using the rep system in place of reporting posts then this isn't a good thing, because the moderators have no way of knowing when members aren't following guidelines.

You can't judge a member if they have rep turned off. This is not an indicator if a member is causing problems.

Also keep in mind that if a new member is giving rep, they are adding no value to another member's post good or bad because they themselves don't have enough post count to give rep. If a member has rep turned off, this doesn't mean they are not collecting rep. It simply means vB is not displaying their rep count.

You bring up a good point though. I use rep the same way you do. When collecting information about a potential staff member, I have the authority to look at their rep count and how members rate their posts, which has an influence on whether I think they are potential staff material.

This goes back to my simple point. Use the rep system wisely. I personally use this to determine who might be a potential candidate for staff. I'm not saying all staff members use my system, but I do amoung other things. Others things I look at is their referrals, who those referrals are. Their general posts, and how members percieve them in the community.

All in all, the rep system is a good thing if people use it wisely and if the staff at SP look at it's potential.
    I see your point about reporting posts. If something "illegal" happens in terms of a rip off or something in that nature, of course it's important to report a post. However, if someone behaves in a very hostile way (for example) I'd often prefer to debate/argue it through on a rational level instead of just hitting the "report" button. Mainly because I do think that most things can be solved by way of commmunication and solid argumentation. Well, many times anyway. Of course it always depends on the motivation behind arguments.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

Snowboarders die even younger igor.kudela's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kohoutek
    Hehehe. I just received bad reputation for saying that we're humans and not perfect.

Phew. That felt good.
    welcome to the club
    Igor Kudela
    NetPublisher - FREE Customizable .NET CMS