User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being nice here.

How could any of you guys possibly know that Bush is dim-witted?

How could you possibly know the extent of his mental ability? He was educated at Phillips Academy, Yale University, and the Harvard Business School. These are hardly places that dummy's attend.

Also, he grew up under his dad who on top of being President or Vice President for 12 years was U.S. ambassador to the United Nations (UN) and director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). What experience!!

This is not a stupid or ignorant family. Bush is not a stupid or ignorant man.

So, where did you get this idea? Could it be that our national news media is hopelessly liberal and will not tell the truth about him?

In a recent report they referred to Bush's actually doing what he said he would do in the campaign calling it a "tactic." A tactic to be honest! This is not a tactic. It's called being honest.

The news media is not reprting what he is getting done. They say he "suffered a major defeat" when he had to settle for a $1.35 trillion tax cut instead of $1.6 trillion. What liars! That was not a defeat, that was a major victory! The opposition wanted to increase taxes. They didn't want anything close to a tax cut. He took them from $0 to $1.35 trillion!

Also - we do not consider him to be the commander of the military that's what he is. That is the way things are set up by law.

And, Bush won because of the electoral college. It has nothing to do with the popular vote. Contrary to popular belief the US is not a Democracy, it is a Democratic Republic. Big difference, but that's another issue. The 2000 election was a testimony to the greatness of the system. It worked exactly as it was set up.
    Last edited by heavy; Jun 22, 2001 at 13:15.
    Come get 5,000 Full Color - High Gloss(front and back) business cards for only $270!
    www.diamondqueue.com

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by heavy
    Being nice here.

How could you possibly know the extent of his mental ability? He was educated at Phillips Academy, Yale University, and the Harvard Business School. These are hardly places that dummy's attend.

Inanimate objects can attend those schools if they're wealthy legacies.

And, Bush won because of the electoral college. It has nothing to do with the popular vote. Contrary to popular belief the US is not a Democracy, it is a Democratic Republic. Big difference, but that's another issue. The 2000 election was a testimony to the greatness of the system. It worked exactly as it was set up.
    True or not true, depending on what you believe really went on with the vote. But the national stupidity I was referring to was really the fact that enough people voted for Nader to give Bush a chance to win. This still boggles my mind. There well might not be enough diffference between Gore and Bush, but to think that there's no important difference at all. And so many Nader voters seemed to think we had a parialmentary form of government or something...that their votes would have some meaning, other than to put the person most opposed to their views in office. Sometimes we're idiots as a nation. I do think that this past election was one of those times.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not much difference between Bush and Gore
    Bush is pretty far to the right and Gore is as far to the LEFT as can be.

Pretty big difference here.
    Come get 5,000 Full Color - High Gloss(front and back) business cards for only $270!
    www.diamondqueue.com

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what, pray tell, are those differences Heavy?

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding Nixon - say what? Cambodia and Laos aren't in Vietnam - well don't tell anybody that I just bombed them!

For the record I did not say Bush was an idiot. I believe the term I used was "dipstick". A rather nice metaphore considering the patronage of the oil companies.

And besides, Bush's educational pedigree only adds weight to my belief that it is dangerous to educate a person beyond their intelligence

Wow its an amazing dawn outside. The sky is all pink and orange.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss amazing dawns - something the UK sadly lacks

'snot a bad dusk outside though

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bush is pretty far to the right and Gore is as far to the LEFT as can be.

Pretty big difference here.
    Actually, he was talking about the number of votes I presume.
    But to rebound on the "as far to the LEFT", you're right to say "as can be", since actually in Europe both candidates are seen as right-wingers, with the Democratic party being a bit on the left but still a true right-wing party.
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How could any of you guys possibly know that Bush is dim-witted?
    How could anybody possibly get that idea???

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." George W. Bush —Radio-Television Correspondents Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 29, 2001

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' George W. Bush —Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

More? -> http://slate.msn.com/Features/bushisms/bushisms.asp

So, where did you get this idea? Could it be that our national news media is hopelessly liberal and will not tell the truth about him?
    Yes, I'm sure the national news media have an anti-bush conspiracty to make him look like an idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bush and idiot? surely not!? LOL

In a tv interview, Bush didnt know who the president of Spain was!

He knows sweet FA about anything outside the US, yet he was supposed to be educated at a grand Uni?

You would have thought they would teach him these things.

Pete
    Current Projects:
    Brighton Rockz - The only Albion Fanzine

Always Skint - THE forums for BHAFC fans

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by norfett
    In a tv interview, Bush didnt know who the president of Spain was!
    As far as I know, Spain has a King and a Prime Minister and a government, but no President.
    Which comes to this conclusion: either those who asked him about the president of Spain are idiots, either Bush didn't realise it was a trap-question.
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Gallup Bush's approval rating is at 55% at the moment. That doesn't sound low, but it's really not high for a president at this point in his first term. The low usually comes around mid-term. We shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well - Shin, it was ages ago, so they prolly asked him who the King was, although I do remember that he got it wrong.

Bush is a pillock
    Current Projects:

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's a pillock? Sounds like an expression that could come in handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by psalzer
    What's a pillock? Sounds like an expression that could come in handy.
    piece of british slang, means idiot, fool, stupid person etc
    Current Projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by freakysid
    Regarding Nixon - say what? Cambodia and Laos aren't in Vietnam - well don't tell anybody that I just bombed them!

For the record I did not say Bush was an idiot. I believe the term I used was "dipstick". A rather nice metaphore considering the patronage of the oil companies.

And besides, Bush's educational pedigree only adds weight to my belief that it is dangerous to educate a person beyond their intelligence

Wow its an amazing dawn outside. The sky is all pink and orange.
    Well according to the US government. We were never in Laos. Now you and I both know this is BS. However im sure it was neccessary to be in Cambodia and Laos. As far as bombing them .. So what? Hell after Pol Pot it's not like we could actually hit a Cambodian with a bomb, They were damn near extinct.
    Straight from the TP! And I don't mean the Trailer Park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my grasp of Indo-China history is not too crash hot and I was very young during the 70s; but Pol Pot came after the Vietnam War in the late 70s. In fact Pol Pot was supported by western governments such as the USA and Australia. That was the beauty of the cold war - you could be a ruthless despot dictator and as long as you weren't a commi and in bed with the Russians you were OK! In fact such a wacko was considered a stabalising force in the region.

The Prime Minister of Australia of that time, Malcolm Fraser, now deeply and sincerely regrets that his government mis-judged what a wacko Po Pot turned out to be.

Anyway, my graps of American history is even poorer that my Indo-China history. However, from the little I have read it appears that it was Johnson that got the USA deep into the Vietnam mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have nothing original to say. I will say this, though: if you actually, truly, honestly, seriously (no joking around) believe that Bush is of below average intelligence when compared to your average American, you are a fool.

Oh, and to those who talked about being self-centered earlier: every single country on this planet puts itself first, as they all should. Is the US not involved in helping other countries constantly? What happens when we're hit with a tornado? Anything? Or do we just clean it up ourselves?

We look out for #1, and if #1 is okay, we help the others. I see nothing wrong with this. There's also nothing wrong with the inhabitants of the most powerful country in the world realizing that they're inhabitants of the most powerful country in the world, and saying so now and then.

As for China: well, it's a good thing we don't fight many land-wars, isn't it? If we went to war with China, I believe we would win. Am I sure, or highly educated on this subject? Nope. Does anyone here believe China would win? Does anyone here think any significant portion of this war would be fought on foot anyway?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glass Houses

Yes, I'm sure the national news media have an anti-bush conspiracty to make him look like an idiot.
    You know, if you are going to attack someone's intelligence, you should learn how to spell "conspiracy". Just a thought.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, yes - the media is PURPOSELY doing this Bush.

Also, we have way, way, waaaay more military strength than China in every way possible.

Our Air Force would leave them in pieces. Our Navy would have their fleet in peices at the bottom. We have infantry that are second to none - I don't underestimate them there. That's the only place it could be close.

But, they could never invade US soil. Their navy is not good enough to transport enough men to US soil without being smashed on the way by our navy. They do have two destroyers mounted with a missile that we cannot defend against at this point, but the size of our navy comapred to theirs more than makes the difference.

Just thought I'd throw all of that in for the heck of it.
    www.diamondqueue.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, yes - the media is PURPOSELY doing this Bush.

Also, we have way, way, waaaay more military strength than China in every way possible.

Our Air Force would leave them in pieces. Our Navy would have their fleet in peices at the bottom. We have infantry that are second to none - I don't underestimate them there. That's the only place it could be close.

But, they could never invade US soil. Their navy is not good enough to transport enough men to US soil without being smashed on the way by our navy. They do have two destroyers mounted with a missile that we cannot defend against at this point, but the size of our navy comapred to theirs more than makes the difference.

Just thought I'd throw all of that in for the heck of it.
    Actually heavy, you are way off on the infantry. The chinese damn near have an infantry man for every citizen in the united states. Not that it matters, A land based war with China is laughable. There is no way. However we dominate them in air power, naval strength. We also have technological superiority. Not that it matters. They have ICBM's. Not saying we dont but who wants to fight a country with ICBM's? No-one
    Straight from the TP! And I don't mean the Trailer Park.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed on the ICBM's for sure. Scary stuff.
    www.diamondqueue.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Hellbent
    They have ICBM's. Not saying we dont but who wants to fight a country with ICBM's? No-one
    And there is going to be a big escalation in the global number of ICBMs if Bush gets his way with his Star Wars scheme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    Oh, and to those who talked about being self-centered earlier: every single country on this planet puts itself first, as they all should. Is the US not involved in helping other countries constantly? What happens when we're hit with a tornado? Anything? Or do we just clean it up ourselves?
    Chris, your post has motivated me to email the Premier of the State of New South Wales (where I live). Here is a copy of message of the email I just sent:
    The Right Honourable Mr Bob Carr MP,
    Premier, New South Wales.

Dear My Carr,

As a citizen of the state of New South Wales, I wish to advise you that I do no longer support the Government of New South Wales providing emergency assistance to the USA such as was given when personnel from State Forests and the Rural Fire Brigade were sent by the taxpayers of this state to Montana last year to assist the US authorities in fighting those devistating forest fires.

I base my view on the recent public comments of a US citizen , Mr Chris Bowyer of McKeeys Rocks, PA.

It is my advice to you that in future, the public resources of New South Wales citizens be directed to providing assistance to those that are grateful to receive it.

Yours sincerely,

X

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. (William Blake)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I cannot speak on behalf of the citizens of Victoria and New Zealand who likewise sent personnel.
    Last edited by freakysid; Jun 24, 2001 at 03:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You spelled McKees Rocks wrong. And perhaps you are not understanding me: I'm saying that we assist others more than we're assisted. The US looks out for itself. Can you name, Sid, a country that does not look out for itself fire and foremost? You act as if I've said something ridiculous and un-orthodox.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    I have nothing original to say. I will say this, though: if you actually, truly, honestly, seriously (no joking around) believe that Bush is of below average intelligence when compared to your average American, you are a fool.

I think Bush probably is probably at least as intelligent as the average American, or for that matter, the average humanoid. I just don't think that's nearly intelligent enough to be president of the United States. I don't understand our national penchant for electing Mr. Joe Average to positions of world leadership.