SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best CD rewriters around the 200 mark?

Can anyone recommend the best CD rewriters around the 200 mark? I will be backing up small sites a couple a times a week

thanks

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure about pricing but take a look at the latest Plextor drives, which in my opinion win hands-down, especially with their BURN-Proof technology.

I believe they're up to 16x now but if that is too expensive then they do 12x and 8x models as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd second the reccomendation for Plexwriters. I've used Plextors 8/20 and 8/4/32 drives and they are rock solid.

I would also reccomend Yamaha and Teac drives, these three brands are generally regarded as the best in the business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plextor ROCK! They are far and away the best optical drive manufacturers around. Problem is they are pricey. Anyway there latest drive can be found here > http://www.plextor.be/english/products/pxw161040A.html

I would suggest you go for a IDE drive unless you have SCSI in your system already. With the burn proof technology they have there is really no reason to go for SCSI which are quite a bit more expensive.

Other brands I would suggest you look at are yamaha, panasonic, ASUS and Sony.
    http://www.avgallery.com.au/ - Your ticket to high-end audio!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've only used toshiba and hp drives and they both seem to do the job fine.

i've read (on epinions.com) that the $200 usd sony spressa 4x/2x/24x drive isn't all that good. you might want to check around on cnet as well and see what other people think...