SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy Updates with PHP?

I was reading in another forum that you could create a site using a database and PHP. And then by just changing one page, you could update every other page to look like that one. This is exactly what I need. It would take me months to update a 200+ page site, by changing every single page! I am just looking for some tutorials or books or anything to help me get started on this topic. I am currently trying to get through the PHP and mySQL tutorial by Kevin Yank (Yeah the 10 part one). I am having lots of trouble because it says type this then this and I have no idea where to type anything! Please Help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please specify

I think you should specify, what you want to change in your pages.
    This is really important, for if you want to change the content of the different pages, the best way would be, if the content would come from a DB (--> Contentmanagement System). But if ((your site already exists) && (is static)) then this is not possible (you would have to rewrite the site and put all the content into the DB). (except you're REALLY good in regex )
    If you want to change a part which is the same in every page (like the [frameless-] navigation maybe), then you might have the chance to replace it by a PHP-include, put the navi into the included file, and just change the navi in this file (which is include in every page..)
    Footbag: Spread the Spirit