SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know anything about servers but I need some help. Emergency.

Hello.

Here's my problem: I was asked to re-install vBulletin by some people. That, I can do. I had to reinstall it because the owners previously hired someone to do it but she did not give them admin status, only mod status. So before I reinstalled, I backed up everything so that all the stylesheets, graphics, and other things would be safe. To back up everything, I had to create an FTP account for myself. So the owners gave me access to their control panel and webhostmanager. Take note that the previously hired person had access to these as well. Now, I created an FTP account, downloaded everything, and suddenly it stopped working when I tried deleting the previously installed vBulletin. I couldn't touch anything and my FTP account was somehow deleted. ALL FTP accounts were deleted. All I did with cPanel was create an FTP account, and all I did with webhostmanager was use it to get to the cPanel of that domain and change the contact info of that domain (because the email addy listed was that of the previously hired person, not the owners).

Now, I can't access anything via FTP or browser. When I type in the domain name or the IP addy, nothing will come up. But I still have access to webhostmanager and cPanel, but somehow I cannot create another FTP account.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on? I'd be happy to provide more info if you need it. I asked the owners and they don't know what's wrong either and they suggested I post here.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy conradical's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who is your host? Do they have telephone numbers? Most hosts have "Live Help" to chat with them.

I think that that should be your fist option as they would be able to understand, troubleshoot and solve it quciker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are going to create another FTP account, do you have any error message?
    Clustered CloudLinux Hosting | WordPress Hosting |
    Advanced Antispam | Managed Xen VPS
    in US West coast and Asia-Pacific datacenters
    Contact us now on Twitter @vietnap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no error message when I tried creating an FTP account.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help The owners called the host and they fixed everything up