SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my portfolio.

I have finally launched my portfolio online. I would appreciate any feedback bad or good. Thanks in advance.

my portfolio

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I'll like to say nice effort overall.

There are some things that I noted though.
    1. Your "home" link jumped between the "about" page and the "portfolio" page. It'll be good to make sure the links all stay in the same place while navigating between pages as it will look more professional.

2. The alternate table colour in your portfolio page, the green...looks a little out of place. Maybe you can change it to a darker grey or even the green u use for the header?

3. The font size for the text between the pages are not constant.

Just my personal opinion.
    http://winnielim.com- Portfolio site

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing that throws me off, right off the bat is you say something to the effect of "come inside to see my work" and then show clickable examples of your work. Though the showing work upfront idea is a good one (give them what they want), the "come inside" leads me to believe I have to click at least once, which I don't. I'd just rework the text.

Also the Times New Roman seems a bit out of place in such a clean site.

Yeah, that aque for your portfolio is definitely off, as is the "TOP" bit to the left, make it a little arrow at the end of each portfolio entry or something... As it stands it's too stand0outty.

Personally, I'd drop the "Home" button and just make the whole header clickable, people are used to that by now and it saves the confusion becuase the home isn't the same fontsize and all as your other nav links.

That's pretty much it, it's very clean, very nice and there isn't any more informtiaon than I necessarily need though I'd like some actual info on YOU which the about section doesn't really cover... What is your real experience, where do you draw inspiration, what kind of work do you like to do, what are your dreams. These are the reasons I hire designers

Good stuff, keep it up.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great but:

There are tons of jumps all over the page, your margins change every new page.

Also I don't understand your heading image. That thing in the background is undecipherable, it might look good but the image lacks and idea, and unclear purpose. The font changes in the heading makes it harder to associate those words together. When I first looked at it I had to study it to get what was happening.

It sounds like all of your websites are gone. was this, was that. And you have to correct the grammer, punctuation and spelling errors on your site.

The profolio page is hard to follow.

And everything else the other guys said...

(thats number 1!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all those who review!

I appreciate everyones input. It is great to get someone elses thoughts on my work.

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first impression was good but after clicking on one of the 3 thumbs I expected to be taken to that thumbs page not all of the options again. Also (personal prefs only) I'm not to big on the green on grey table's.
    Regards,
    Tony Chester,
    http://www.onwired.com
    "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit dull, ain't it? Not wishing to be rude but I dunno.

First off your title image took ages to load (a common phenomonen on your other sites) and I had finished reading and was waiting to get clicking. And to be honest the right side of the logo was brilliant nicely faded in but the left side ain't all that special. Something about the text of your name.

Your rollovers are also a bit slow, but a nice touch. Did you ever think about making the box stay white if it's the active page?

The Times New Roman is OK, but I just can't help feeling if you are trying to get people to employ you to write their website it has to have something a little extra.

And BTW did you know that numedia.com -- one of the buttons is Conact me. And the animated gif is really slow and nasty!

Sorry for all the criticism - it certainly has potential, just my thoughts.
    I swear to drunk I'm not God.
    » Matt's debating is not a crime «
    Hint: Don't buy a stupid dwarf ö Clicky

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review of site

Hmmm not to sure about this site.
    I think if you are trying to show your work you will need to
    have a little more content.
    The navigation was confusing like has been said b4, and personally I think if you are trying to sell yourself you may have to put more interactivity into the site.
    It really isn't too bad, but as the teacher used to say
    "Could do better"

5 outta 10

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say the layout is pretty sleek and a good slick design. Graphics are great but you need some more content. Also you should use a white bg instead of gray. Studies show that white bg look more professional.
    will haveone soon

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some suggestions:

1) I like the look of your header, but I don't understand what you are trying to say on the right: 1 (one) web designer? I (I am a) web designer?

2) A little thing that I think would make a big difference would be to remove the image/texture that drops below the text baseline on the right. Let the descender of the g hang.

3) There is a disconect between the three images on your home page and five projects in your portfolio. Especially with the left/right arrangement. I nearly missed the other two. And I agree with previous that your color scheme needs work. Too heavy and bland.

No problem with speed like others had commented on my DSL connection - Mac G4, IE
    Lee Nelson
    Look Around everyone’s favorite city!
    iNeTours.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    year,
    nice and smart site. It loads quickly and has a good layout. However, in the portfolio page, the green boxes doesn't match well with the other colors, black and grey. It's your way , but i would ask you to put more features and pages. It's a bit too limited with portfolio, about and contact, you should add some stuff. Overwise, it's a small and nice site ,
    congrats!

Brian
    BrianStudio - the webdesign company
    Professional & Affordable
    Brian Dove - Senior Graphic Designer
    Direct Hire: info@brianstudio.com