SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question adding a photo album to a page

Hi I am trying to design a website for my friend who breeds snakes on a large scale. Here's my problem, I've got the graphics covered, but I'm new to web design. His hosting company supports php. I've done 20 pages or so in HTML all ready, should I change? Also I need to add a table/form to a page to hold 20 thumbnail pictures of available offspring with prices. Any ideas? Should I learn some form of database so the pictures update themselves? I use photoshop 7 to create the graphics, I'm just stuck on the table. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

SitePoint Enthusiast newdaynewdawn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion:
    1) While his/her hosts supports PHP plain jane html will work just fine.
    2) Depending on your editor (big question) turning out a quick table should not be an issue or
    3) You could probably google photo sharing site or whatever that would allow the upload of pictures to that site. Then you could link from your site to that.

Here's a quick insert that if you at least know the basics of html you shouldn't have much trouble following although I'm not sure how this will format the code.
    5wide x 4tall--you'll have to work with the formatting and colors yourself.
    -Just insert this wherever you wish between your existing body tags-
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Would you like a Hot Pocket? ArunK's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want a simple web album generator, then the software on this site will do it for you. At the bottom right, it automatically inserts a link back to their site, but if you don't want it, you could edit/remove it yourself. I tried it out, and it works OK, nothing spectacular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Php!!!!

In an e-commerce site you must use PHP and MySQL in order to buy things. PHP is just an insert in some pages of HTML. So you may have an "operation" document, not a page, that is inserted. If you have any php in your document you must change the name to website.php . I would suggest to finish the site but while you are doing it learn PHP and MySQL a free database. It does not come overnight! If you are a beginner you might not want to get this detailed and fancy. It can be hard and frustrating.
    HTMLGuy