SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Instances of Tomcat on one machine

Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I can't find anything on the web about it and nothing in the Tomcat documentation. I've bought books on Tomcat and still nothing.

I'm not running Apache in conjunction with Tomcat. I'm trying to set it up so that we can have developers running tests on one instance while users will be accessing the other instance in a production environment.

I know I have to have each listening on different ports, and I know how to accomplish that, it's the rest I'm having trouble figuring out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Developers should really have their own physical server to test on. It should not be the same machine that people are accessing!

That said, what is your specific problem? You said you got the two servers on different ports; what else is giving you trouble?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't gotten them to that point yet, I just know what to do to change the port numbers once I do get to that point.

I haven't even been able to install two instances yet.

I do realize developers should be on their own server. There will only be a handful of users on the other instance. Having these users on the other instance is actually part of the testing the developers will be doing.