SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up JavaScript problem ... any help ???

I have tried recently to put two seperate javascripts in one page ... and seems that they are not compatible to each other ... any idea about that ???

One is about a fireworks effect and the other one is about tooltips.

Any idea guys ...
    Thanks for the help.
    Cheers.
    Sourav

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical problem as I said in
    Anybody interested in this idea: Building a Visual Component Architecture
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250170

"operational interoperability when you want to plug several components together or even just put several instances of the same component class on the same page - often it doesn't work with widgets I have tested."

Sorry cannot help you this time as I haven't programmed in javascript since a long time. That's also the reason I want an architecture, when there is one it's easier to localise what's wrong.

Nevertheless what I do when it doesn't work and I don't want to plunge in code is using iframes so that each part is isolated from the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the best way i find to deal with this kind of thing is to have a strict numbering system, from 01 through whatever

so you function names go from "makestuff()" to "makestuff01()", and same with variables ect.

that'll stop confusion of variables or functions.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Php_penguin
    the best way i find to deal with this kind of thing is to have a strict numbering system, from 01 through whatever

so you function names go from "makestuff()" to "makestuff01()", and same with variables ect.

that'll stop confusion of variables or functions.
    I would rather say "quick" than "best"
    "Best" for me would be to have a true visual component class so that each instance of that class can have its own name space and then can use the same makestuff() method without conflicting with another one. But it's less quick to do that's why I propose to work on a standard of architecture to facilitate the building process. It's an investment of time in exchange of greater flexibility, maintainability and gain of time at term - now I agree some architectures are more meant to obscure than to facilitate but my aim is to facilitate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys!

Thanks for your help. I have gone for the iframe method ... its simple and it works ...

Thanks for your time ... I was wondering about another thing ... we need to preload images for almost all the pages, question is that, is there a way to know whether this code is functionning for a given page ???

Unlike other scripts what does something that we can visualise, this preloading seems to be a script that works from behind as in a fast internet connexion (what I have) it becomes difficult to see whether this script has
    really resulted to any change.

If anybody knows any way to see whether this code is working or not, thanks fot the help.

Cheers.
    Sourav.