Hi. I'm only just trying to figure out how to implement MySQL databases into my website. I am using PHP to do this.

The problem I am having is actually in passing a variable. I am making a form to edit records in the database. I have no problem getting the form to pass the ID to the next page, but the field that is being edited simply won't pass. This may even be more of an HTML question, but in any case, I have tried for a while and simply can't find the answer.

In the form call line I have: ...action=\"ReplaceDescription.php?ID=" . $ID . "&NewDesc=" . $newdesc . "\">\n");

Then later on in the form, I have this: ...<textarea wrap=\"virtual\" cols=\"80\" rows=\"15\" name=\"$newdesc\">

Like I said, I'm kind of new at this so there may be other things wrong that I'm not seeing - if you find something, please let me know. But what I am really in need of is a way to get the information from this textarea passed to the next page where it will be dealt with. I have tried MANY other combinations of things to get this to work, but it still isn't working. I'm sure it's actually a simple thing, but...

Thanks very much in advance for any help you can give!!!