SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

solutions to avoid layers (if any :( )

Hey,
    ok here's my problem! For months and months i was trying to building my site with layers. The reason why i try to use layers is that i need to put some content of an image. And with my knowledge, i don't think it's possible to put a text other a image using tables!, very bad DISADVANTAGE of using tables!, only one layer is allowed!, The problem with layers is that it just change the place of the layer when viewing in a browser!, yes, it all become MESSED UP, a real mess. Even worst, when i tried to view my site with layers in another browser (I.E), it changes to another place, yes it's crazy!, what a waste of time i did!, but WHAT'S THE SOLUTION ???, maybe to put the image as background in a table, i really dunno, and i've been thinking for many days by now! what's the *censored word* solution ?,it's one of my main problem when i create web sites, i was so used to build them with layers. If it's Dreamweaver the fault, i would really cry . Layer should be ABOLISHED. Please take note of this if your a web designer, from my part. Yes, when viewed in a browser, the layer goes anywhere in the page, it doesn't stay the specifique place it was in dreamweaver,

hoping you help me, and calm me down

Brian
    Ps:I take into consideration the numbers of thread of that subject, but sorry, the previous ones didn't help me, AT ALL!
    BrianStudio - the webdesign company
    Professional & Affordable
    Brian Dove - Senior Graphic Designer
    Direct Hire: info@brianstudio.com

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, to place "text over an image" (I presume that's what you mean?), without using layers, simply use an image editing programme (ie Fireworks) to put it there. Or, if it's function is different, you can use the "Background" feature of many elements (beware netscape interpretations.......). If you upload the problem page to a file (pictures and all, that last post wasn't exactly helping you), I'll take a look and make some suggestions on how to tackle it. I'm sure more experienced others will as well.

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If nothing else works you could always CSS. They offer surperb functionality with positioning. You can easily put text over an image with CSS. You can find a many guides out there. You can find manyhere .