SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think of JotSpot

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • It sucks! I'll use my superior PHP knowledge to use WIKIs, thank you very much!

2 66.67%
  • Cool! Won't have to worry about wiki integration with my app!

1 33.33%

Thread: JotSpot

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JotSpot

there's this new Wiki on the block, JotSpot . Its main selling point is that it can be used straight out of the box, no installation required, no markup/scripting to learn, easy integration with different forms of data input(eg, email, external data providers).

I was just wondering what the sitepointers think of this new service?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another new wiki - schtuff.com

Although not quite as featureful as jot, schtuff.com does the job and is totally free.

SitePoint Guru silver trophy Luke Redpath's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't really the place to advertise your products, unless of course you were looking for some kind of code review from an advanced PHP perspective...certainly from a web designers perspective its disappointing to still see applications being built without web standards in mind...this is after all 2005, not 1999...whats an <xhtml> tag?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Redpath
    This isn't really the place to advertise your products, unless of course you were looking for some kind of code review from an advanced PHP perspective...certainly from a web designers perspective its disappointing to still see applications being built without web standards in mind...this is after all 2005, not 1999...whats an <xhtml> tag?
    Luke,

I think you've got the wrong idea here, advertising JotSpot was the last thing on my mind when I posted. And I'm not even associated with the project!

The thing is, my boss is thinking of using this in a commercial project that involves the use of a wiki. And in his mind, XHTML compliance doesn't rank too high... know what I mean?

That was why I was asking for some opinions on JotSpot....

SitePoint Guru silver trophy Luke Redpath's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bianster
    Luke,

I think you've got the wrong idea here, advertising JotSpot was the last thing on my mind when I posted. And I'm not even associated with the project!

The thing is, my boss is thinking of using this in a commercial project that involves the use of a wiki. And in his mind, XHTML compliance doesn't rank too high... know what I mean?

That was why I was asking for some opinions on JotSpot....
    Perhaps you should make yourself mroe clear in future then. Either way, you posted in the wrong place.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I posted this in the wrong forum, then i apologise. But there's no need for anyone to jump to conclusions just because a query was posted about a pay service