User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MG.MichaelC
    ... My contest before last, I posted it, and it was below the fold in 1 hour ... and on to the next page before the days end (less then 10 hours later)! ...

Edit - With something like 15 views.
    At that point I think the contest holder (You ) would post a question asking if there were any interest in the contest and suggesting that the contest will remain open for X amount of time and ask the designers to please post their entries and/or interest. I don't have any problem with that.

I also don' t think that type of post would be a bump. I think it would be an honest question that deserves an answer.

However, I still feel it is up to the contest holder to keep the thread active, not up to superfluous posts by contestants.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think maybe all of us should enlist our friends and start making comments in all the threads we enter about how great our entries are. I may resort to that soon, since I see so many folks that haven't entered vouching for the quality of certain entries. Maybe if we all load the board with votes for our entries something will be done, about this sort of thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will vote for you phacker.
    Feedback always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MG.MichaelC
    I really couldn't disagree with that statement any stronger. Tell me phacker (or any other designer for that point), when did you last think .. hmm I be interested in doing a logo for a gambling (example) website today .. I think I will do a forum search ..

No, you don't do you? You frequent the contest forum and look about within the threads (on the first page I bet you!) for ones that take your fancy.

Am I right? If I'm not I would be genuinely shocked.
    I don't know about the other designers but I subscribe to the contests thread and any new or updated threads are emailed to me once a day so I see them no matter where they are.
    Feedback always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SitePoint forums are a public forum - anyone may post here. As a result of this members can't say who has the right to post in one of their threads and who cannot.

The contest forum guidelines clearly state that "Off topic posts, discussion of prize money and negative comments regarding others work is NOT permitted." You should not respond to posts such as these, or posts that you don't feel should be there. Instead use the report post link and give the problems you have with the post. This will inform an Advisor to come along and have a look at the post, they will then take any appropriate action.

Also remember that many contest entrants and holders like to be able to exchange feedback and discuss aspects of the contest, you should consider their desire to do this and the benefits it has for everyone involved with the contest - especially giving everyone the opportunity to refine their design based on feedback, rather than only the designer who is lucky enough to get some private feedback.

With regard to 'bumping' threads - we have a forum wide policy against this, if you see anyone bumping threads where they shouldn't please use the Report Post feature to altert an Advisor.

If you feel that contest threads should be limited only to specific questions about a contest and entries to the contest, reflect this in your own posts - do not post replies to peoples messages that go against this and remember that by posting something like "Please Don't Post Unnecessary Replies" your only making the problem worse.
    Rick