SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your happiest moment as a webmaster (part III)

Hi there. Just wondering what your happiest moment as a webmaster has been.

This is the third time this thread has been started, so apologies to all of you that have already participated in the others. I just though it'd be nice to make a new one.

Mine would be when I first made money from my graphic design skills and people were impressed.

What is yours?
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was when my site's newsletter was featured on TechMailings.com. I got around 200-300 signups just that day...I should have turned "Email notification of new subscribers" off

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine came after somebody in the States mentioned my site on a motorsport mailing list (Wheel to Wheel) without me knowing!

Where I'd been getting about 20 views a day, one Thursday I hit 50. That's when I found out the site had reached the States. Then, over that weekend, the number went up every day, culminating in 359 on the Monday and 230 on the Tuesday. I was absolutely ecstatic. You have to understand that the Postfive website is aimed at a small group of people in comparison to some sites, so to get over 800 in one week was astounding.

Obviously, since then, the hit rate has settled down a little, but it's still something like double what it was. Yes, that's low compared to some, but I'm happy with it, and it's enough to show me that the effort I put into it is worth it.
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My happiest moment as a webmaster is probably:
    Getting UltraBoard 1.1 (I think) to work properly. I spent nearly a week trying to make it work. It was my first CGI script, and at the time I knew nothing about chmoding, ASCII/binary uploads, or anything like that.