SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luahanrasa.com - review

review my simple page (first in PHP) and give out some comment ...

the bad is not all in english .. mostly in malay .. but you can review it anyway.

http://www.luahanrasa.com

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the reason you have had no posts yet, is cos most probably have no idea what the site is for, cos we can't read it!

On the design front though, it is certainly a great first effort. One of the most used phrases in this forum is "too much white" which I think applies here. Your top logos, although controlled nicely, well, they're a bit basic aren't they.

Having said that, the design is nice, and the nav is flawless... apart from sorting out the colours, it is a good effort. You said you wrote it cos of a friends site -- follow their example and get some colour going on. Immediately the design of that site jumped out of me - I had NO idea what the site was about but it was great to look at!

And although picky, and probably not a whole lot you can do really easily, but if you are going to write stuff in English, make sure the english you write makes sense. Do you have any fluent english speakers who can help you out?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it - even if I can't read it

Very nice and clean design. I like the use of smaller, sans serif fonts. Blogger approach is also cool.

Also, the nav is pretty neat with the tiny footprint nav bar.

Dave

===========================================
    http://badblue.com/helpphp.htm
    Free small footprint web server for Windows
    Share files... get PHP up and running fast
    ===========================================

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah! this site is weblog/journal website. sorry not to inform it before.

thanks for the comment. i try to improve my english. yeah i know my grammar is bad enough. but thats why i try to write it and find out my fault and remember not to doit again.

thanks anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the setup. You don't see to many sites with the navigation menu is on the right. Keeps it different. It is also not to cluttered which is nice because the font size would be to small to have a ton of information which compliment the column size. They are the right size for me to read.

I would suggest to put the 'previous journal' selection both top and bottom just so those who have read the first page doesn't have to scroll to the bottom all the time to get to where they want to go.

I think you english is very good. Would have never guess this isn't your native language. Some of those that have been speaking english as their native tongue need to go back to school or go to you for advice.
    Forsteen
    Law of Probable Dispersal
    Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the colors of your navigation could be toned down a bit as the blue is very strong in contrast with the gray.

The page is also too long and should be broken up into more pages.

affordable website design

:: sydney australia ::

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the length of the page is a bith much...

Run a count routine (I don't remember php syntax, but it's close enough to JS so I'll do it in JS for ya):

var num=1
    if (num<5)
    {
    //do bit of code that posts journal entry
    ++num;
    }

Then have an allnews.php page or whatever so that viewers get a balanced page and those that WANT all the news are prepared for a super long document.

Besides that... hmm...

The reason navs are normally on the left is cause it makes sense for most users culturally (and it's the norm so those it doesn't fit culturall with are used to it by now), but those may not be your users.

Anyways, if you're oging to have it on the right you need to have something that ties this whole right-hand thing together. For instance, when menus are on the left you will often see logos on the left side or shapes that stretch towards the left nav to tie it all together. So, do something similar with the right nav. (www.bmo.com has a top and right nav which is tied in).

Anyways, beyond that, it's aright, nothing to really pick apart except for lack of identity and a distinctive logo/colour set.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the above. There is alot of negative space try and fill it up a bit more. A little more color would also be nice.
    Quality, Professional Web Hosting
    www.host-tastic.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks!

i'm still working on splitting my page ...
    thanks for the code!

the script that i use for the weblog/journal is from sunny called sunny diary enchanced (should had an option to comment on every message .. but i put it out).

i'm also newbies to PHP ... so i got a little bit confuse when i alter the script and then the script doesnt work like what i hope ... a little bit scary when i lost all the data (gosh! it just happen on my pc only .. i test it on my apache)

i try to re-design my webpage again. maybe i can try make like sitepoint

thanks for all comment. i've ask my friend to comment on my page .. they just said "your page look fine" "your page is wonderful" ... hihi. i want comment not praise ...