SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot ThetaWaveRider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"No SQL query!" error in phpMyAdmin when uploading .sql file

I'm uploading a pretty large .sql file into a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin. When I do attempt to, I get the message "No SQL query!", meaning that the upload failed. All other databases can upload fine, so I'm sure it's the file. It's either one of two things w/ regard to the file:

1) phpMyAdmin has a limit to the size of the .sql file it can import. This file is 2.5M in size.

or

2) the .sql file has a whole section with html in it using tons of # symbols in it. I inherited this project from someone else who dumped the .sql file using phpMyAdmin, and for some unknown reason, they decided to store all of the online store items AND their associated HTML in the database. I read somewhere that this (# symbols) could cause problems, but haven't confirmed it.

Does anyone have an idea as to which seems to be the more logical reason here? If so, a suggested workaround would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    TWR

SitePoint Zealot ThetaWaveRider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found it

Just for info purposes, I did find the answer. The problem was due to the import size limit set in the php.ini file. I just changed 'upload_max_filesize' to 4M from 2M and all was well.