SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Sees ad.* Is in America. Is that the only ad size they got? Maybe if you put up a bigger ad size, like leaderboard with four ads, you'll get more clicks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grey box here. Switch back to AdSense
    Mike
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasber

What's the problem with being a satisfied customer and wanting to tell people about it?
    Well Jasber,

This isn't a review site for televisions, or something fairly innocuous. Everyone here is trying to make money, and many of us are making a living online. These threads is where we learn and share info, of course. However, when someone just starts shooting off their mouth about the wonders of domain.com, over and over and over - you need to wonder why they're so pushy?

His post isn't commentary, it's a cheesy testimonial.

And why should we wonder when some Joe comes along to push a site to all of us... Nobody would do this. NOBODY!

If something makes me money, any money, I don't run around town telling people in a public forum to come along and help saturate the scene for me, so I can start making less.

Maybe he's just the nicest (or dumbest) person alive, but when something works so well, as he claims domain.com is working for him, he should just shut his mouth. It does not make any sense to tell the world, "Hey everyone, here's where I am making a killing, come along and join the money train"

Do you get this?

Once you learn things that help your bottom line, when they truly boost your bottom line, in any way, you realize how tight-lipped you become about them.

And yeah, in the right setting, sharing juicy tid bits is certainly fair, but to start the thread yourself....?
    Last edited by Horowitz; Apr 2, 2005 at 04:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I went back to AdSense when they didn't bother responding to my support request why a large portion of our users were just seeing empty boxes, and no ads.

Just in case anybody wanted to know that

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's getting me worried!

but I won't give up!!!
    will add larger ads

Massimiliano Bruno Giordano sid egg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horowitz

And why should we wonder when some Joe comes along to push a site to all of us... Nobody would do this. NOBODY!

If something makes me money, any money, I don't run around town telling people in a public forum to come along and help saturate the scene for me, so I can start making less......, "Hey everyone, here's where I am making a killing, come along and join the money train"
    Yeah, however, I am quite willing to do that around here, you will notice a few of my threads basically PROMOTE various advertising networks -- and, I promote Azoogle all the time because they are bringing in GOOD money.

I don't mind losing a few bucks in order to help you guys, and I know alot of people here feel the same way. That is why this forum works, is because people are willing to share information and ideas.

Comprendez-vous?
    GamesLib.com - the slickest, most complete and
    easily navigatible flash games site on the web.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, but you missed the point I made. It's not about sharing information, it's about the stupidly obvious promotional tactics that we all saw this thread begin with. It's bs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just got rejected in their network!!!.....sigh... It seems like they only want US sites

<< Their Reply>>

We regret that we won’t be able to run BrightAds on these sites:

Kanoodle limits distribution of BrightAds to Web sites that reach a primarily North American audience. Because these properties appear to be geared towards foreign markets, we don’t believe they can work well with BrightAds.

As we expand BrightAds in the future, new opportunities may open up for your sites to be successful using BrightAds. If they do, we’ll let you know.
    Calling all Webmasters & Affiliates
    Top Converting PC TV Offer - High Payout. Earn $2K-10K a month.
    Increase your revenue today!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no good alternative to adsense. For awhile I tired some of them, and the payout is very bad. Most of those other context advertising services have very few advertisers and too many publishers, thus the payout tends to be very crappy. 1 cent/click average.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Horowitz,

Thanks for the reply. I certainly see where you're coming from. I too, am trying to make a living on-line. It just seemed that people were un-fairly biased against Kanoodle. Regardless of the origional poster--I've had a good experience with them. That was all I was trying to point out.

Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Horowitz
    Well Jasber,

This isn't a review site for televisions, or something fairly innocuous. Everyone here is trying to make money, and many of us are making a living online. These threads is where we learn and share info, of course. However, when someone just starts shooting off their mouth about the wonders of domain.com, over and over and over - you need to wonder why they're so pushy?

His post isn't commentary, it's a cheesy testimonial.

If something makes me money, any money, I don't run around town telling people in a public forum to come along and help saturate the scene for me, so I can start making less.

Maybe he's just the nicest (or dumbest) person alive, but when something works so well, as he claims domain.com is working for him, he should just shut his mouth. It does not make any sense to tell the world, "Hey everyone, here's where I am making a killing, come along and join the money train"

Do you get this?

Once you learn things that help your bottom line, when they truly boost your bottom line, in any way, you realize how tight-lipped you become about them.

And yeah, in the right setting, sharing juicy tid bits is certainly fair, but to start the thread yourself....?
    WebJunkie - Behind the scenes of a webmaster

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing I can;t figure out about this is how they even have ads that relevant to my sites. I have tried searches on all my topics and the same 4 ads come up in the sponsored links ....my sites range from women;s health issues to dog treat recipes to wedding supplies......how can they produce the same 4 results and why would any of my users click on there.

I must have missed something