User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vibrant Intellitxt Experiences?

Ran a search and saw some talk about this program about a year or so ago, but there hasn't been much feedback since.

Anyone using Vibrant's Intellitxt's service and what sort of experiences have you had?

Thanks,

jc

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neowin uses Intellitxt... that's all I know.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it. They are CPC base. Their rates are not that great - averging just 15 cents per click this month. But they offer a neat way to create a new ad spot without taking up any space. Best to think of them as bonus money. Don't depend on them for your main source of income.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The're are so much more possibilities with the technology than what theyre doing with it, but they filed patent on it. Some thing end up in the wrong hands. Thinking they'll fall?, don't count on it. I have a feeling they've got something good.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they'll fall. I'm just saying the rate they're getting publishers are low and therefore you shouldn't depend on them for your main source of ad income.

I find IntelliTXT works quite well for forums - esp when the forums is tech base since most of their advertisers appears to be online computer vendors. Or maybe it's just because that's all the ads they server to my site. *doh*

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto
    Best to think of them as bonus money. Don't depend on them for your main source of income.
    Oh lord no... totally supplemental. Just wondering if anyone had even a rough ballpark for how much can be earned per million impressions.

jc

SitePoint Evangelist downloads_be's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using them on my site and it offers me a good share of money.
    Excellent service as well, I'm really pleased with them

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using InteliTxt on a few sites and everything is good except for the slow payments everyone once in awhile. It is a nice supplement to other ad networks.

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this format has been offered in the past by several different companies, including overture through ad.com as matchlink.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcasey
    Oh lord no... totally supplemental. Just wondering if anyone had even a rough ballpark for how much can be earned per million impressions.

jc
    We make about $1,000 per million impression out of IntelliTXT or $1 CPM. If this was a banner I wouldn't even consider it but since it doesn't take up any banner space, I run it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We make about $1,000 per million impression out of IntelliTXT or $1 CPM. If this was a banner I wouldn't even consider it but since it doesn't take up any banner space, I run it.
    Oh lord... I get 10 million impressions a month. I'd take that same $1k for all 10 million and be very happy.

Mine's an entertainment news site and not tech related. I don't expect anywhere near a $1 CPM. As I say, I'd be absolutely THRILLED with $0.15.

jc

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jcasey,

I am just about to start running these, signed a 30 day trial the other day. They said about the same per million.

We are using Kontera just now and so looking to do a comparison. With Kontera we are doing double that...although I am not sure they are as targeted. Unusually high click rate with Kontera at 5%...weird but not complaining. We have had a couple of complaints though, one chap wrote he thought they were misleading, though they are underlines and different colour plus tooltip...

Inteli is backed by overture so I guess they have a big set of advertisers.

Guess will try both out and choose the most effective.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyBolger
    Jcasey,

I am just about to start running these, signed a 30 day trial the other day. They said about the same per million.
    When you say the same per million, do you mean Moto's $1000 per million or, or just the $100-$150 I'd be satisfied with?

We are using Kontera just now and so looking to do a comparison. With Kontera we are doing double that...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I'll give Kontera a look.

Thanks,

jc

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, this is the part that makes a newbie like me crazy :-). I conducted a poll and the majority of webmasters put their CPM at between $0.00 - $0.50.

You say you wouldn't even consider something as low as $1.00.

Is this strictly due to the subject matter of your site that you can command such higher CPM's than most other people here?

jc

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not so much the subject matter as it is the fact that The Tech Zone is a review site and most readers are coming to the site to help them make a better buying decision. The keyword here is buying. A reader visiting a review site is highly prized by advertisers because they're in buying mode. Compare this to someone going to a free game or smilely site, or in your case, an entertainment site.

The #1 thing to provide your advertisers is your visitor demographics. That's that advertisers look to when making a buy. And it really helps if you can show them how often and how much money your readers spend online. Do you know what percentage of your readership made an online purchase in the past six month? The advertiser will want to know. If you can provide them with the answer, they'll be more willing to pay the higher CPM.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A reader visiting a review site is highly prized by advertisers because they're in buying mode. Compare this to someone going to a free game or smilely site, or in your case, an entertainment site.
    Right, understood.

And it really helps if you can show them how often and how much money your readers spend online. Do you know what percentage of your readership made an online purchase in the past six month? The advertiser will want to know. If you can provide them with the answer, they'll be more willing to pay the higher CPM.
    Bearing in mind I'm a writer/content provider and not a webmaster, how does one compile that sort of information?

jc

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jc, I was referring to the $1000.

With Kontera their ads are maybe a bit less targeted than Intel. So more linking to keywords than being specifically contextual (as in words linked according to their context in the page), but this may have to do with their inventory more than anything else. I saw Intel on a friends movie site and it seemed to link more specific words like actors' names etc.

But like I say a comparison is in order for sure and cannot complain so far. In fact on one day where people seemed to be clicking rather a lot we made more than we make on banners/affiliates etc, which is something considering a lot of our traffic goes to media pages with no contextual stuff.

With demographic and behavior data Moto is dead on, we are just about to impliment a campaign to gather as much info as possible. Might even run some incentives just to get the data. Since I had a small distributer buy a direct campaign from us this and next month and had little data to offer so lower CPM, though it was also ROS rather than category targeted.

You can do this with any sort of survey software, some networks like Burst will provide a survey you can run as part of their inventory (though I recommened doing it with own banner rather than their weird ones). But plenty of scripts about or even online services if you do not want to write something.

Put up a banner saying something like we need you help to improve the site etc....maybe someone will have other ideas....

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcasey
    Right, understood.

Bearing in mind I'm a writer/content provider and not a webmaster, how does one compile that sort of information?

jc
    You can hire a 3rd party research firm to do it for you or you can do it yourself. This is where the "Take our survey and win a prize" thing comes in.

If you've even taken a tech site survey, your see tons of questions like "What is your total house hold income" and "How much do you spend online per year" and "When was your last online purchase" and "Check all items you purhcased online in the past six months"

Once you have all this info you're better prepare for that meeting.

Massimiliano Bruno Giordano sid egg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never used it, but from a visitors perspective, it is horrible!

My only complaint is it takes 10-20 seconds to load on semi-large pages, and freezes both IE and Firefox 100% while it's loading :'( (this isn't just my ISP or my computer, I've noticed it on different ISPs and PCs)

Edit, oh wait, maybe I am thinking a different company... I'm thinking these guys:
    http://tribal.us.intellitxt.com/whatisIntelliTXT.asp
    GamesLib.com - the slickest, most complete and
    easily navigatible flash games site on the web.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sid egg
    I've never used it, but from a visitors perspective, it is horrible!

My only complaint is it takes 10-20 seconds to load on semi-large pages, and freezes both IE and Firefox 100% while it's loading :'( (this isn't just my ISP or my computer, I've noticed it on different ISPs and PCs)

Edit, oh wait, maybe I am thinking a different company... I'm thinking these guys:
    http://tribal.us.intellitxt.com/whatisIntelliTXT.asp
    Yeah, and the tooltips are delayed which is irritating. They appear a couple seconds late, and disappear a couple seconds late too. If I'm scrolling and moving my mouse around and it goes over one of the links, it just appears a few seconds later, which is rather confusing.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it and as a publisher I love it.... What guy wouldn't love a $3k check? I'm averaging about $.13/click but with the way its displayed I too consider this as purely bonus money.

Massimiliano Bruno Giordano sid egg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by someonewhois
    Yeah, and the tooltips are delayed which is irritating. They appear a couple seconds late, and disappear a couple seconds late too. If I'm scrolling and moving my mouse around and it goes over one of the links, it just appears a few seconds later, which is rather confusing.
    Yeah, I was going to say something about that too, but I was semi-rushed.
    GamesLib.com - the slickest, most complete and
    easily navigatible flash games site on the web.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know of an IntelliTXT competitor called DynamiContext. See

http://www.dynamicontext.com/

Their AdLink system is exactly like Vibrant Media's IntelliTXT, except DynamiContext has much better payment terms. They pay every month your account balance is over $100, like Google Adsense. I understand Vibrant Media pays months after the fact.

Sean
    Scarsdale Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.scarsdaletech.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really like to try out Intellitxt, and I have been in constant contact with an advertising executive for the company. I've put it off, though.

According to the AdSense Terms of Service, and direct communication with Google AdSense reps, using this product on the same page as AdSense is most definately prohibited.

I really would like to try this product, but AdSense is far more lucrative.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Adsense prohibits contextual advertising that can be confused with Adsense ads, but IntelliTXT and DynamiContext Ad Links are very different and cannot be confused with Adsense ads at all.

I don't see why Google would consider them a violation of terms of use.

Sean
    Scarsdale Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.scarsdaletech.com