SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What script to use

Ok I want to start getting into server side scripting. I was wondering which one I should start with. I do have a php 4 book, but I know there are other options. Some people tell me I should use cold fusion others asp. Which one is good to start off with.
    Thanks
    Cant get away from this computer

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It really depends on your other experience. If you know VB, then ASP is definitely the way to go.

If not, ColdFusions is supposed to be easy to learn, but it's not as readily available as some of the other languages.

Some people swaer that PHP is easy to learn, but I don't know that for sure..
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also depends on your development platform..If you guys use MS, then ASP is more readily accepted (meaning you dont have to get plug-ins or modules for it to work). I use ASP because I think it is easier to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on personal preference.

As stated before, if you have experience with Visual Basic, VBScript, or anything to do with those two, then ASP is certainly the way to go.

PHP looks like garbage to ASP developers. ASP looks like garbage to PHP developers. Who's to say for sure? I personally like ASP because it follows my flow of logic more simply, there's less memorization involved (in my opinion), and it's just..well, better.

My suggestion: Try them both out and see what you like more.

Good luck!
    Sean Killeen [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Web]

Warning: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot? (Y/N)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try all the script.

i use php just because it's more lower in price (ok it's free but i've to pay my webhosting company) than asp (so expensive ...)

i'm just newbie to this PHP world ... but i think all the script are easy to learn (if not how somebody can mastered it.)

depends on you also ... select one script (JPS, ASP, PHP, Cold Fusion ...) and then learn it ... practise it . use it ... untill you mastered it ... after that you can think to learn some other script ..

i'm now into PHP ...