SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: cant ftp upload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant ftp upload

Hello after i installed windows 2k i have had to use a proxy server. Now that i am using it i cant ftp uplaod via dreamweaver how do i set it up to where i can and also the proxy server i am using is AnologXProxy 4.10.

and do you guys know of any better proxy servers.
    Before i switched over i was using sygate with the 192.168.....ip thing but after i installed windows 2k i couldnt get it to work so i had to use a proxy server and if any fo you guys know of a way for me to get the 192 ip thing to work again that would be great. i use a network card to connect to the net. Also the host computer with the cable box is running windows 98 should that matter.
    will haveone soon

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to check the Preferences
    There you can specify a firewall's IP and port so that you upload through it.
    If this method doesn't work, here's one that should: don't enter any firewall settings, but when asked for the FTP host of your website, type in the IP of the proxy and for the username, use username@ftp.yourhost.com, and your ftp password.
    If this doesn't work either, start using a true FTP program, not Dreamweaver
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the second way worked thank you so much the first option i wasnt able to find the fire wall prefences though but the second one worked great thank you
    will haveone soon