SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bankruptcy Forms

Hi,
    I needed to file chapter 13 to keep my home from being sold on the courthouse steps tomorrow, March 22, 2005.

I didn't have $35 to buy the Word package (most likely because I didn't spend enough time here at SitePoint learning how to make money with my web site)

so I downloaded a pdf version which was beautiful but not interactive (as far as I could tell.)

So I typed all my answers into Word, printed, then cut them out and pasted them onto the hard copy I'd printed of the pdf files...

It looked SOOOO BAD. I'm afraid the bankruptcy court is going to be afraid I'm planning on taking them hostage... it's ransom note bad!!!!!

SO, do any of you, with your superior computer/web skills know where I can find a bankruptcy forms packet in Word, for FREE????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, sorry. I just wanted to note, for someone trying to save their house you're taking this alittle lightly. Sorry, but not willing to fork-over $35 is pretty bad. And, i'm sure you didn't have one day notice. =D

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can open .doc files using WordPad, which comes with Windows, if that's the problem. Or why not print the PDF and handwrite it?

It's Warmer in the Basement xxJoyfulxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalish
    No, sorry. I just wanted to note, for someone trying to save their house you're taking this alittle lightly. Sorry, but not willing to fork-over $35 is pretty bad. And, i'm sure you didn't have one day notice. =D
    Well if he is filing Chap 13 to save his house, obviously he doesn't have $35. That is the point. But Metalish is right, I am sure you have had more than 1 day's notice before this were to happen.
    It is pretty irresponsible to come to Sitepoint looking for advice about something like this. I do feel for you and hope everything works out. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by someonewhois
    You can open .doc files using WordPad, which comes with Windows, if that's the problem. Or why not print the PDF and handwrite it?
    Yes, you can get adobe reader for free and then print it out and write in everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxJoyfulxx
    Well if he is filing Chap 13 to save his house, obviously he doesn't have $35.
    I was trying to say, that i'm sure that he could of got $35 in a few days. Most likely two weeks. =) -- With all due respect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah ha, what insight.
    or not.

what if I just literally did not have the money?

http://www.health-boundaries-bite.co...house-Pit.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me see if I understand:
    I can open up a pdf file as a .doc file...
    even though the little picture is a pdf picture...???

will the formatting still be there???
    the formatting is tricky, or I'd scan it...

Because handwriting is too idiosyncratic... too not easy to read.

I did handwrite bits, but that's not good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if he is filing Chap 13 to save his house, obviously he doesn't have $35. That is the point. But Metalish is right, I am sure you have had more than 1 day's notice before this were to happen.
    It is pretty irresponsible to come to Sitepoint looking for advice about something like this. I do feel for you and hope everything works out. Good luck.
    again... heavens... what moral superiority...

Because I thought the guy who developed my condo over part of an old privy pit would pay... or the condominium association...

the association said they would, I believed them... and all of a sudden I'd used my money and they didn't and I missed a payment and my credit was shot...

I didn't think it would be so hard to find the forms in a useable form...

http://www.health-boundaries-bite.co...house-Pit.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archbob
    Yes, you can get adobe reader for free and then print it out and write in everything.
    Because handwriting it is not a good idea... It's supposed to be in Times New Roman, I think. But I used Comic Sans to save ink (in my cut and paste).

I did print it. But I want to be able to write the answers in, in my computer and then print really easy to read pages.

Oh, and then my printer decided to start blinking and not printing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to say, that i'm sure that he could of got $35 in a few days. Most likely two weeks. =) -- With all due respect
    So did you watch Boston Legal last night?

Because of course it would be too easy if there were just my condo built over part of an old privy pit.

I also managed to get tetanus last fall.

Not a nice disease.

I've only been out of my house about 4 times since September, twice were to the ER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, it appears that experience comes with a more open mind --
    Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.
    I hope you clarify a bit, though... I'm so keen to get this done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I guess the pdf one is always available because it's not one you can use. Only study.

The Word one, which is for sale, doesn't seem to be anywhere for free, probably because that's restricted due to the sales aspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I have a bit of brain damage, and have only about half my working memory left, I have a hard time (I am not able to, in other words) deal with several things at one time. So I failed to address the "I'm sure you didn't have one day notice."

The stunning fact is that they foreclosed my home at a hearing for which I had no notice.

It's Warmer in the Basement xxJoyfulxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Consider-This. Everyone has hard times and gets down on their luck. No one was trying to be insensitive to your situation, it just sounded a little strange and flippant.
    Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I wish you had someone near you that could help out. Hope everything works out. Keep us posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Consider-This. Everyone has hard times and gets down on their luck. No one was trying to be insensitive to your situation, it just sounded a little strange and flippant.
    Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I wish you had someone near you that could help out. Hope everything works out. Keep us posted.
    Thank you Joyful --
    Nope. No one. My cousin is married to a trial lawyer who fought all the pacemaker cases, and she refused to send me $25 when I asked.

I am, by the bye, and old her -- not a he.