SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need tutorials for setting up access to mail on server for clients

I've got numerous clients who use the email accounts included with their hosting I provide for some of them and most would prefer to use their current mail program (Outlook, Mail, whatever) and instead of me typing out a long explination, I'm looking for some tutorials I can either send them to or copy and paste into an email to them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I used to have one, but I can't find it. I created one for outlook and outlook express, wrote simple steps down and took screenshots. Then I saved it as a word doc. You could do that. That way it could be customized to your host and domain name, but you wouldn't have to retype everything.
    Sara

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try demodemo's flash tutorials...You can also buy captivate by macromedia and make your own flash demos depending on how often you need to make demos for clients, its a little pricey @ ~$500 though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were looking at the video tutorial idea, and can get your hands on a copy of Lotus Smart Suite, i beleive it includes a program that will capture the video of the screen. Screencam97 or somthing like that.

Otherwise if your hosting clients have access to the Cpanel for there hosting they can go into the mail and when you list the mail accounts it is possible to select the button to install the settings to outlook express, works best, you just need to enter the password. This will work for Outlook as well because when you add another account to outlook express you will have the option to import it to outlook the next time you open outlook, i beleive so anyway it worked like that for me.
    Joel Brown - Orion Networks
    Techie-Central New Updated Style and Forums
    Stores - Books | PHP | Point of Sale | Pocket Drives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockNRollPig
    I've got numerous clients who use the email accounts included with their hosting I provide for some of them and most would prefer to use their current mail program (Outlook, Mail, whatever) and instead of me typing out a long explination, I'm looking for some tutorials I can either send them to or copy and paste into an email to them.
    Watch copyrights. Don't just grab something off the web and send it along.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Debugmode's "Wink" tool to do quick demonstrations with callout explanations. It's free and generates an HTML page with a flash presentation in it. You just start it up and go through the process yourself, hitting "Pause" after each mouse move and click. It strings it all together and you end up with a nice tutorial in a short amount of time.

http://www.debugmode.com/wink/
    J Wynia
    Myriad Intellect, Inc.
    www.myriadintellect.com
    1-888-6-MYRIAD

SitePoint Evangelist compwizard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are interested in hiring someone to write one for you, let me know. Something like that can be done and distributed as a simple word doc or PDF.

email: joshsilver at gmail dot com
    Compwizard
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world -- those who know binary, and those who don't."