SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Dreamweaver Drop Down Menu problems

I'm trying to create drop down menus using Dreamweaver 2004 MX.

I understand how to do it. The instructions are rather simple to use and all that.

The problem is, when I put multiple items in the menu, only the last one shows up!

The buttons the menus are associated with have roll-over states beyond the menu itself, and I'm wondering if this is the problem.

The single item that does show up, works like a charm, now if I could only get the rest of the items to show up.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face A wild guess

First of all could we see a link or script of what you are talking about? Second have you made sure there was nothing overlapping the submenu. And third of all what color did you make the links?
    Send us this information and we'll probably be able to help you.
    HTMLGuy

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using DW and the FWs builtin dropdowns is a big no no :-)
    by that I mean the navbar feature. You can of course create your own dropdowns using show/hide behaviours etc., (which is the way I do them for my templates and they don't have problems associated with them - see probs listed below)...

All experienced DW users agree about this - not just me.. take a look at the DW forum sometime and you'll see what I mean.

They add so much bloat to the code, the js file is enormous. All links are in the js file, so if you ever need to update, you need to edit the javascript. SE can't spider the links because they are in the js... just a few of the reasons not to use them

Have a read of this page and it will explain in more detail and how to find solutions to a better method. http://apptools.com/rants/menus.php

PS: As to your problem, have no idea why this is happening, because I don't use them myself

Nadia