User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

css or javascript?

Hi to all of you,

I'm just trying to move the button to maximize the div, indeed i need to move it on the left. I've tried to modified the right padding, i've tried manythings during hours but none moves it!!!
    how am i suppose to move it?? Am i supposed to analyze things in the javascript itself?

thanks

Code:
    .fenMaxBtn {
    	PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: x-small; background-image: url(imgs/max.gif);; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; OVERFLOW: hidden; WIDTH: 1.2em; CURSOR: default; COLOR: #000; PADDING-TOP: 0px; POSITION: absolute; HEIGHT: 1.2em

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

Please full page this is a acacadabra question

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the code for the div:
    Code:
    <DIV class=fenster id=fen2>
    <DIV class=fenMaxBtn id=fenMaxBtn2 title="Click to Maximize/Restore"></DIV>
    <DIV class=fenBar id=fenBar2 title="Drag to Move">xFenster 2</DIV>
    <DIV class=fenContent>

Content div 2
    </DIV>
    et revoila le css
    Code:
    fenster {
    	BORDER-RIGHT: #596380 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: #596380 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: x-small; BACKGROUND: #bf8660; VISIBILITY: hidden; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-LEFT: #596380 1px solid; WIDTH: 200px; CURSOR: default; COLOR: #000; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #596380 1px solid; POSITION: absolute
    }
    .fenBar {
    	PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: x-small; BACKGROUND: #596380; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; MARGIN: 0px; OVERFLOW: hidden; CURSOR: default; COLOR: #000; PADDING-TOP: 1px; HEIGHT: 1.2em
    }

.fenMaxBtn {
    	PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: x-small; background-image: url(imgs/highquality/max.gif);; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; OVERFLOW: hidden; WIDTH: 1.2em; CURSOR: default; COLOR: #000; PADDING-TOP: 0px; POSITION: absolute; HEIGHT: 1.2em
    }
    .fenResBtn {
    	PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: x-small; BACKGROUND: #596380; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; OVERFLOW: hidden; WIDTH: 1.2em; CURSOR: default; COLOR: #000; PADDING-TOP: 0px; POSITION: absolute; HEIGHT: 1.2em
    }
    .fenContent {
    	MARGIN: 10px
    }
    <DIV class=fenResBtn id=fenResBtn2 title="Drag to Resize"></DIV></DIV>

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

Full page? load page(s) CSS Javascript up to a test side so that we all can see what you are up to, still more acacadabra and time loss

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe this is sound advice

8 Mar 05
    Design Stages...(you should know this by now)

Design your page only as HTML. No CSS and no Javascript. Test it in different browsers. This is your basic structure upon which you will build.
    Add CSS for presentation and layout. Test it in different browsers. This is the "downgrade" version of your page. You should assume that this is what many (if not all) users will get.
    Now add "unobtrusive" behavior with Javascript. Test it in different browsers. Anything added at this stage should only have an effect on the page if Javascript is enabled and all required objects are supported.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what you want to do is use css to change the location of the button on your page so it aligns to the left....?

[button] [someother stuff]

if this is what you are trying to do look into CSS positioning:absolute vs relative and the float attribute....