SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you do?

This didn't happen to me but I know someone...

You are on your way to a meeting. You are about to do a presentation to a group of people to land a very nice contract.

As you get out of your car you notice that you are wearing one brown shoe and one black shoe. These shoes look entirely different and you have no idea how you didn't notice when you were getting dressed. There is no time to go back home and get a matching shoe.

You will be standing at the front of the room and there is a good chance that people will see your feet.

What would you do?

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fess up and make a light hearted joke about it. 99% of humanity isn't that uptight that they would say "this guy has on 2 different color shoes...he must suck at his job...we're using somebody else."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoWebDesign
    This didn't happen to me but I know someone...

You are on your way to a meeting. You are about to do a presentation to a group of people to land a very nice contract.

As you get out of your car you notice that you are wearing one brown shoe and one black shoe. These shoes look entirely different and you have no idea how you didn't notice when you were getting dressed. There is no time to go back home and get a matching shoe.

You will be standing at the front of the room and there is a good chance that people will see your feet.

What would you do?
    Ahem, I showed up to work one day. Got busy with my daily routine. Working at my desk in my cubicle, where no one ever sees my feet. I go into a meeting with my boss and I'm sitting there and I look down and I'm wearing one very black shoe (with a kind of squared toe) and one very brown shoe (with a rounded toe). It was all I could do not to break out laughing at myself right there. I pulled my feet under my chair to try to avoid being seen. I stayed at my desk the rest of the afternoon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -pretend that i made it on purpose for fun
    -take them off
    -+buy & wear cheap slippers
    -swap one of them with someone who made the same mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think of a quick, clever analogy that relates having a poorly designed website to wearing mismatched shoes to an important meeting and use it as the opening statement in my presentation.
    Danielion
    Imagine a world without hypothetical scenarios...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go to bathroom and wrap toliet paper around shoes...and say you just got em polished

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh are you kidding me .... this is the lead in, the "I got them" joke that gets everyone in the room paying attention to you....

Id make it part of the pitch, something about clients noticing your biz, or site, or whatever .... play the game with them to see who notices the "difference" with you and then use that to sell them HARD!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Think of a quick, clever analogy that relates having a poorly designed website to wearing mismatched shoes to an important meeting and use it as the opening statement in my presentation.
    I love it