SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast UrbanFirefly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do I get the help I need?

Are my questions too complicated? Am I writing in Chinese unknowingly?

I have gotten a bit of help on one or two of my questions, but they didn't get fully resolved, then people drifted away... Good intentions I know, but there are many distractions and many people needing help here, not to mention our lives intruding all the time. I do understand.

I decided to get pro-active and put the links to my biggest questions in my sig to get some help, but that hasn't worked either. I think that people only look at the first page of posts, so as it gets pushed down you get lost...

I don't want to re-post, I know that is bad etiquette, but I do really need some help!

Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you try searching in the appropriate forums? Always good to do that before posting. These are very basic questions and it's likely you'd find an answer there. If not, bump your thread, explain that a search didn't give you an answer and see what happens.

SitePoint Enthusiast UrbanFirefly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have searched every one of my questions before posting.

I may have found similar info in some areas, but if I asked the question, then it was because I needed something more specific than what I found, or I didn't find anything, or, if I did, I didn't understand it...

I have also tried bumping by adding clarifications or further things I have done to work on my questions...

I know everyone is busy, but I am also trying to do my part by helping those where I can - y'know, being a good li'l poster!

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry this is happening there UrbanFirefly .... sometimes it takes the right set of eyes to hit the answer and sometimes certain people are so busy they dont get the time to check here all the time....

I also have to agree with earther that a lot of what needs to be asked has more than likely been asked before and a quick search might answer your question before you even have to ask it.. Lastly making sure its in the right section is really important ..... I see a lot of stuff in the wrong sections where people have no clue what to do with. IE: if you posted a Java question in the PHP section it might never get answered by someone like me who does Java because I literally NEVER go into the PHP section.. ALSO make sure your post's titles give a good descriptive question ..... things like "HELP - Problem" usually dont attract much attention! (and they are seen WAY too often) ... If the title said something like "CSS margins not right in IE" then someone who does that a lot will hit it rather quickly.

And yes some days / weeks NO ONE is around to answer certain questions because a lot of people here are CRAZY busy (myself included) ..... so once in a while a bump MIGHT be needed so your post doesnt slide off the page!