SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help it is live: Iframe is off in IE for MAC

Hi there here is my second post I still don't know of a good pop-up menu to use with a centered table..but I worked around and changed the submenu.Thanks for all of you who have looked at my post though!

Any how here is my new quesiton:

when I FIRST LOAD my page in IE for MAC the iframes appears off to the side. As soon as you resize the window then the iframe recognizes where it should be and moves correctly into place.

How can I make it so when it first loads it appears in the correct place? this only hapens on IE for MAC

I have tried:
    1. putting the css internally insted of linked to an external css.
    2. nest the iframe inside a div. with the correct absolute positioning.

any suggestions? The page is now live and need to chage this ASAP!

the page is: www.drcleland.com

Thank you!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Well...

First of all (People who know me would be proud), you should include some css in there instead of complete tables. CSS helps align everything and keep it where it should be. For your website you should create a container div, a side div, an iframe div, and a right side div. You float the container centered and all other divs inside of the container div floated left. Like so

Code:
      <div id="container">
      <div id="left">
      Images and stuff
      </div>
      <div id="iframecenter"><iframe src="whatever" align="center" width="blah">
      </iframe></div>
      <div id="right">
      Images and stuff
      </div></div>
    Do you have any idea how less complex that is compared to all of the tds and trs and tables? Anyway if you need it fast just quickly do this without changing the tables and have no border on divs.
    Hope you succeed and get your website done on time!
    HTMLGuy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks htmlguy

Yes! I agree with you the next website I am developing is this:

http://www.pvtax.com/html/welcome.htm

which is my first site switching from tables to div's with css.. my 4rd site ever!

I am new building sites, but I am trying to learn as much as I can!

the only thing is that the drcleland site(where the iframe problem shows) is finished! and I would only like to solve that little last problem if posible with out redoing all the design.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

htmlguy I had done that

Hi htmlguy the site is accually set up that way, eventhough it is a fixed table.
    I have a div called main that sourounds each table and a div called "container " that contains both tables. the div.main follows the container just as you say... to center the page in all browsers.

I even put the iframe inside a div as well that follows the absolute positioning of the container.

but this still didn't fix my problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Okay

Then you could just float that or put that in a div aligned table. I really think there isn't another way without some sort of way.
    Hope this helps,
    HTMLGuy