SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infowit Creative Manager

Has anyone tried infowit's Creative Manager?
    (www.infowit.com)

Have you gone through the company demo?

Any comments?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have never heard of it. I usually use DotProject (www.dotproject.net) for my PM, but it doesn't look to have all of the features in INfowit. Perhaps list your requirements and other folks might be able to point you to some other software that does what you need.
    Sara

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked infowit because it has built in workflows for the approvals process. I think I will build my own because the I think they charge $1/user/day and thats a little too much once your clients, vendors, etc get involved.

Still with all the PM software around, this is one of the few that has targeted functionality for the creative market.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well, if you do decide to build your own, you could always start with an open source PM app and then modify it to suit your needs. This way you don't have to reinvent the wheel.
    Sara

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nice thing about Infowit is they let you resell your client licences to your clients/vendors if you want, so you can actually make money! Or at least break even.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello djchrome,

Why would your clients/vendors want to but a licence for software you use? Can they use it for their business independantly of yours?

If you have 30 clients/vendors, the cost will be close to $1k/month. This is ok for well established business with a larger business but maybe not for smaller ones.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drakke
    Hello djchrome,
    Why would your clients/vendors want to but a licence for software you use? Can they use it for their business independantly of yours?
    Yes, the client interface helps your clients manage the projects they have with you. And if you have vendors that want your business, they may be willing to pay to be included in the bidding process. Obviously this depends on the type/size of the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by drakke
    If you have 30 clients/vendors, the cost will be close to $1k/month. This is ok for well established business with a larger business but maybe not for smaller ones.
    This is true, it's really best suited for companies with more than 5 people. Although if you work with a lot of outside contractors, it can be useful in managing all the people/traffic.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We use Creative Manager Pro

We've been using Creative Manager Pro - access for clients and vendors are free. The system takes a lot to learn, but we've found it to be worth it. Check them out at http://creative-manager.com