User Tag List

Hikari silver trophy artistsneverdie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Searchable banners...!!?

Hey guys,

Haven't got a clue where I should have posted this one but anyway.

Can I have some suggestions on the best way to create a banner (about 468x90) that incorporates a standard text field and search button (akin to the the search option in the sitepoint menu header).

I'm not sure whether I should be creating a separate html file with a layout and a standard form embedded (in a table that's 468x90). Is there a specific way to do this?

Thx everyone.
    www.hikaridesign.com | Contemporary Design
    Won some awards here once upon a time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Here's What I Would Do

I would create a table (isn't that suprising ) and then put the form and graphics in it strait on the page you want it as. If it would be a seperate html file in a frame or iframe when you searched in the form the search results would appear in the box. This is the best way...I think . If you have additional questions post them! This is what it would look like if I were doing it. This is a really quick example because I'm doing this in school
    HTML Code:
    <table width="480" height="48" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td><form></form></td></tr></table>
    Hope this helps,
    HTMLGuy

Hikari silver trophy artistsneverdie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops. probably didn't make this clear enough.

These are banners that will be used as advertising banners on external sites, not just on one site. I know how to build the banner and form etc... I'm just trying to work a way of providing it to other websites as you would a normal jpg banner, perhaps as a separate html file but then that would require a frame...
    www.hikaridesign.com | Contemporary Design
    Won some awards here once upon a time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhhhhhh!

Well in that case there are a few ways of doing this. I just wasn't sure of what you were asking last post. Yes you could create a different page for an ad (which is what I used to do) but now there are more options. If you did not need a form then this is where I go to AdDesigner.com . AdDesigner.com is a website where you get to create free ads. The only problem is that you can't create a form in it. If you need a form quick though I have an idea. You could create an ad, then make a layer with a form in it! It will look something like Yahoo's search ad (It won't look that good but you know what I mean).

Hope this helps,
    HTMLGuy