SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Works in Anfy not Dreamweaver

I am using Dreamweaver 3 to make a web page. I used Anfy 1.4.5 to create a bookflip applet. When I preview it in Anfy, it works fine and it flips through my images. I follwed the directions to copy it from Anfy to use in Dreamweaver. In Dreamweaver, I created a layer on my page, and used the insert applet button to insert the same. It shows the little coffe cup icon on the screen. When I go to preview the page, all I get is a gray box. I checked the HTML code in both Anfy and Dreamweaver and they are the same. On the bottom of the window in Dreamweaver, when I mouse over the gray box, it says not loading bookflip.class.

Any help would be appreciated.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar with Anfy but my guess is you need to copy the .class file into the same directory as your HTML file.

Check the "codebase" attribute, it should be something like this:

Code:
    codebase="bookflip.class"
    If it looks something like this:

Code:
    codebase="applets/bookflip.class"
    Then you will need to create an "applets" subdirectory in the directory where your HTML file is saved, and then place your bookflip.class there.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    duckie

thanks for your advise. I am on my way to work but I will try it as soon as I get home. I will post whether it worked or not.

niko

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for you help. I finally got it to work. For some reason the .class files were being copied to the wrong folder.

Blissed off
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked out anfy and it creates cool effects. but... they are huge in file size. Not good to use if your users are using modems...