SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP/mySQL Help!!

Hey Everyone,

I have a funny picture/jokes site. I am putting all the information about the pictures and jokes (title, and date) into mySQL so I can pull it out onto template pages... I figured this was faster than making hundreds of html pages

I have two tables so far in my database pictures, and jokes.
    With ID, Title, Jdate, Jtext for 'jokes' and ID, Title, Pdate for 'pictures'

Now here is the part I'm stuck on... I also want to incorporate a voting script so users can vote on a scale of 1-10 on all the jokes and pictures.

Should I make a seperate 'vote' table or control voting?? And what should I fill it with? I havn't written the vote script yet. Should I add another column in the 'pictures' and 'jokes' table that will keep users IP and other information.

Basically I have no idea what-so-ever on how to start the vote script or on how to keep track of the voting information, and how much of it, in mySQL.

Can someone walk me through this (only if you have time) my ICQ number is in my profile, or reply with some advice?
    I hardly know any mySQL so don't assume anything

Also if anyone wanted to take this on as a paid job... I'm more than happy to open my wallet Of course I could also offer you a week's worth of solo-advertising on my site (15,000 uniques/day)

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by luchazard; May 27, 2001 at 11:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure that you will be able to find several free versions of this script at http://www.hotscripts.com