User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.hta session problem

Hello,

I am messing around with an .hta application - and have struck a problem whereby I have built tab controls ala firefox browsing - but cannot for the life of me figure out how to carry different sessions across each tab.

i.e. it would appear that I am using one single instance of iexplorer across each tab.

Anyone know how to create seperate sessions across each one?

There would appear to be next to foOk all documentation about .hta - and nothing on the MSDN regarding this particular query.

Thanks for any replies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is .hta?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HTA is hypertext application, a HTML application used in MSIE running with higher trust, usually used for CD presentatoin in HTML or so.

You want to create tabbed browsing using HTA? I would guess that session would be transferred automatically, whan Session ID is stored in cookie? Or you mean something else? can you plz explain.
    Martin Pernecky

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya,

What I mean by session - is for example you have in firefox two tabbed panes - these are two distinct browser sessions in the one application. With iexplorer to do this you have two distinct windows/browser sessions opened at once to create the same effect.

I have created a tabbed pane .hta application. This is basically made of frames that you transfer across as you change tab.

My problem is that each frame is from one iexplorer session/instance of iexporer. Is it possible to create two distinct browser sessions within this once instance..... ? Surely somehow this can be done programatically with vbscript / jscript?

Think I should probably have this in a different forum!! doh!