SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with rounded corners in Internet Explorer!

Hey all,

Hope your all good. I've been trying to get a layout with rounded corners working with CSS, it's been driving me crazy, I thought I had managed it until...

I used the scrollbar in Internext explorer. It seems the moment you scroll the layout breaks, IE will not show elements, it will extend others and it will just look a mess. If you press refresh the problem is gone. I'm assuming for this reason it's a bug but is there a work around?

I bascially followed this article: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customcorners/

The CSS code used is on that page. I th ink it makes it easier than posting mine.

Here is the example!
    http://www.momentumpeople.com/example/example.php

So I just stick to tables for this part? I have no objection to doing that if the soultion is better than a working CSS one.
    Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future

CSS & JS/DOM Adept bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try putting it in a container div.
    We miss you, Dan Schulz.
    Learn CSS. | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator
    Dynamic Site Solutions
    Code for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, & Opera, then add fixes for IE, not vice versa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put a Div tag around the whole lot? Makes no difference.
    Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found it easier and smaller in file size to use the border as a whole picture and rather than have it as a background image have it as an image with a lower z-Index. If you sized your site in ems this "background" image would also resize to fit. The only problem is it has to be a fixed size, but you could have a scrollbar in the division for any overflowing content. I found the whole picture was smaller in file size than the collection of borders.

Something useful if you want to use px.........
    asp or php can output dynamic css sheets. Take a look at www.unitingrhythms.co.uk/css.asp?size=12&style=small-rocky and change the size in the query string.........cool......... oh, and it also caches each variation, and doesn't calculate each time....... nice......... and it also works with dynamicaly written external js files........... superb......

and there's more.........lol
    when calling dynamic css sheets use "& amp ;" in the html to get it to validate
    Last edited by Markdidj; Mar 28, 2005 at 04:25.
    LiveScript: Putting the "Live" Back into JavaScript
    if live output_as_javascript else output_as_html end if