SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logging/Sessions/Cookies - Experts needed ASAP!

HI people!

Im in desperate need of help!Im doing my Honours Project in web traffic analysis and it must be done in PHP. Can sessions in PHP only hold clickstreams , i.e Forward/back - and page references? Or can they hold more?For example , a button or something - to particularly evaluate usability I need to look deeper at web statistics and see page usage and what is being used on the page itself - along with a normal web-logging tool. Anyone have any ideas? or CODE!!lol - Cant seem to find much

Your help is much appreciated!
    Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody knows, plagarism is a mortal sin at University - however if you want to look at a fantastic app that will give you plenty of inspiration and an insight into what can be done with PHP with regard to logging have a look at phpopentracker

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx

Thanx 4 the help!

Im particularly looking at how to capture a source, from a mouse click to track it. In other words, If you were on a web site and clicked a button or a graphic - to simply just track that the source(i.e the name of the picture for example) and save it in my session. Just want to know if its actually possible?