SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member RenegadeLeader's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Weird Question, yet important.

Hey, I've been working with webdesigning and programming for a while, and I have decided that I'm going to make a career about it. So, in order to do so, I need to find a good college for that kind of thing. If there is any kind of college that would support that. Webdesigning and Graphics Artist, thats what it is I'm going to try to be. Along with a strong computer program, I would like it if there was a basketball program there, that would help me to get a "free ride." I'm a good basketball player, so I think it would help to have a little basketball program on the side. :-)

So, any ideas gurus? Suggestions? Let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well to be honest your best bet is to get a degree in Computer Science or Management Science and Information Systems (Which is a Business degree). There you will learn some about what you need to do but for the most part you will learn what you need to know from reading books and practicing.

If your good enough to get a sports scholarship then head over to Cal State Fullerton in Southern California.

They are not as difficult to get into as USC or UCLA programs but a few pro players did come out of that school.

Thats your best bet in my opinion if your looking for a free ride.

SitePoint Member RenegadeLeader's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't want to be in the NBA, defintely not. NBA isn't even basketball. Besides, basketball isn't my passion, whereas computer graphics/programming is.

Hm, California, I figured a college that I'm searching for would be there, for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do an Arts Course (something with Multimedia and Communication).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Wisconsin and we have 6 colleges here for IT stuff, I'm sure you can find at least one in new york. Its kind of hard to know what is available in your town

I would just call all the ITT colleges in your area, they always have some type of graphics or animation classes.

I am The Best Idiot. Period.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clayton,

I know this is almost about two months old, but I have a suggestion. The Art Institutes. The downside of these schools is no basketball program. But the good side, the focus primarily on the arts...duh... .

Harpo