SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to create your own php & mysql Auto-Install?

How to create your own php & mysql Auto-Install?
    I have searching every site on the web in hopes of finding the answers on how to create your very own auto-installer. I have loads of scripts allready done, and would like to create an installer that will create the online application that I created on a new fresh site on my own server. There are some companys that let you upload file and then get you to install it into a server. The problem is, that your scripts are sent to there site, and then installed on your server.

I need a simple way of filling in a few required fields finish the job off by clicking on a submit button. The installer will install all the scripts where they need to go, and create the permissions on the right files, create a the database and tables and lastly add a head admin that would have access to the newley created site.

I can only hope that someone can help me find the answers on how to create something like this. Tutorials or what evr is easy. I am not the best php coder, still in dipers when it comes to codeing php.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes well you would have to upload all the files and have an install.php file that contains all the command to copy the files from one folder to another and run the mysql commands, there is no program (that i know of) that will let you extract files and install them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: Auto Installers

Is there any tutorials outthere about doing just that then. I would like to create my own install.php script, but I am lost as to how to go about doing that.

Any help would be great.

Mlle. Ledoyen silver trophy seanf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to a more appropriate forum. See Where should I post my thread? for details

Sean
    Harry Potter

-- You lived inside my world so softly
    -- Protected only by the kindness of your nature