SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

resizeTo() in Netscape

I think I had a link to Sitepoints FAQ section... I can't find it. Is there an archive of SitePoint material?

My immediate problem is a site I have with some popup windows. I open small windows (200x200) to provide notices. Some of them work as I expect. But a couple of windows will not size correctly in Netscape. Whether I use window.open or include a self.resizeTo() inside the page, I still get a large window.

All the pages work in IE. I have problems in Netscape. Some of the exact same code, copy/paste, from working pages placed in the problem pages does not work.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help...
    Dynamic HTML - Is that a Frisbee based language...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

using resizeTo()

Without example of what you are doing it's difficult to say, but I offer these two things to check:

Perhaps you have some other JavaScript on the page that Netscape doesn't like? Try checking for errors in Netscape by typing "javascript:" in the location bar and see if anything else on the page is throwing errors.

The other thing you might check is where you are calling the resizeTo() method. I know Netscape can be funny about where it let's you call JavaScript from, i.e. <tables> and <divs>. I use it in a <script> in the document head without trouble.
    <<< johnny chidiac
    johnnydaboy@mac.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, are you using something like this?

w = window.open("","","width=200,height=200");

The important part is "width=200,height=200".

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help.

The only difference between my code and Paul's is spaces after the commas. I tried it without the spaces and it works in both Netscape and MSIE. The spaces seem to create a problem for Netscape....
    Dynamic HTML - Is that a Frisbee based language...