User Tag List

Thread: Help (Newbie)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help (Newbie)

Hello everyone, can anyone help me with this problem PLEASE!

I have been following PHP & MySQL for dummies book and everything seemed to be going ok until I tried to connect php and mysql. I keep getting the following output:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Apache2\htdocs\mysqli_up.php on line 12

When researching this error found this on the web:

Error: "Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_connect() in .." This means that your PHP version isn't compiled with MySQL support. You can either compile a dynamic MySQL module and load it into PHP or recompile PHP with built-in MySQL support. This is described in detail in the PHP manual.

Can someone please help me, out of my depth!!!

I installed MySQL version 4.1.8 and its working ok as I can make databases and other stuff. furthermore I installed PHP5.0.3-Win32 and it seems to be working ok as I can run the phpinfo.php script ok

can one some please show me the light
    Last edited by jbcom41; Mar 5, 2005 at 07:02.

SitePoint Evangelist Scheisskopf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you install php and mysql yourself? If so, it might be that mysql isn't working properly. I learnt from the same book, but i downloaded a really easy php and mysql etc package from apache friends. It's called xampp lite. You might want to try that.

Also, if you have some hosting, try uploading the script to see if it works on your website. Then you know it's definately a problem with your installation.