User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    $this->toCD-R(LP); vinyl-junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    hi guys reporting trolls is the best action either PM someone who is online (staff) so that they can get it dealt with immediatly
    You aren't kidding about the "immediately" part either. I ran across a troll that posted in one of my subscribed threads today, reported it (via the bad post link), and I don't think it was 5 minutes later before the troller was toast.

Kudos to the SPF mods!
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more
    Showcase your music collection on the Web

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Ill give the MODS a HUGE today too ....... man you folks are kicking #$%% and taking names....

I had a troll PM me to tell me what a jerk I was (think I hit a nerve with this post) ..... Sarah had already banned the person before i could even report them!

Great stuff ..... and if we all watch and report we might actually be able to help people instead of chasing trolls!

Non-Member bronze trophy geniusgoalie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton
    Great stuff ..... and if we all watch and report we might actually be able to help people instead of chasing trolls!
    You know, you really do deserve the member of the month award

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geniusgoalie
    You know, you really do deserve the member of the month award

OH STOP ......... now you're embarassing me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsetoday

Am I a troll? One of those threads was mine.....

Sorry if I post strange threads all the time. I'm still learning. Please don't ban me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XX7509
    Am I a troll? One of those threads was mine.....

Sorry if I post strange threads all the time. I'm still learning. Please don't ban me.
    I meant that all the posts by a member here called mstwntd should be taken as the perfect example of a posts by a troll! I did not mean the thread starter posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys we do try to get rid of these guy s- you are our eyes and ears of the forum so by working together as a team means SP is a better place to be

XX7509 - they are having fun at another member its directed at you in anyway - take no notice
    Regular user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh. I get the joke now.

That's how I read at 3 AM in the morning. It should be illegal post-while-tired

SitePoint Enthusiast UrbanFirefly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Just so you know, trolls live everywhere...... boooga boooga boooga!

When I lived in the South (Raleigh, NC), I ended up one with almost an entire household of trolls! They were all friends of the guy I was dating, and they all ended up living with us somehow, even though I kept saying NO!

One was this freak who was so nasty that I used to stuff a towel under the crack in his door when he wasn't there because it made the living room smell. He seemed to be the nicest guy, but would constantly tell each room-mate a slightly different version of things to constantly stir the pot.

The other one covered all of his windows with cardboard, and would come into the kitchen screaming at the top of his lungs to shut the hell up at 2 in the afternoon, then demanded rides to work, and would spend literally HOURS going over a phone bill so that he could bring his portion down by .30 -.40!

The last guy I dated I think falls into the same category. He went into my eBay account while I was moving and didn't have my new phone line set up yet, and bid on over $10,000 worth of crazy stuff! He also ordered over 3 Million in false orders from the company I used at the time for my auction fulfillment with LOVELY names along the lines of Ted Bundy. I could go on... No wonder I've been single for 2 years!

Just to say that they are everywhere, online and off. I don't know why. Seems like so much effort. Like stalking or having an affair. So much effort for such destructive ends. I can't fit in half of the constructive things I want to do, I totally don't understand people who waste their time on such behavior.

I do know however, that it is their problem. It comes from some unhappiness or perceived lack in themselves. Of course that doesn't help solve the problem...

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanFirefly

He also ordered over 3 Million in false orders from the company I used at the time for my auction fulfillment with LOVELY names along the lines of Ted Bundy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiSync77F
    Yeah - um, that wasn't exactly MY reaction...

It gets a bit funnier with time, but it was excruciating as it was meant to be at the time...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um... that's one heck of a way to take a thread off topic. Nice story though.
    Mike
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry -

Didn't mean to go off-topic. Just pointing out that trolls are everywhere - in many guises...

Personally I think you guys do a great job keeping up with the ones that rear their ugly heads here!

Can I hire you to check out my future boyfriends?

Last edited by UrbanFirefly; Mar 16, 2005 at 18:20. Reason: darn typo....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you see a suspect post, then feel free to use the report post feature to report it. Advisors do investigate every reported post and make their own decision as to what action needs to be taken. The main priority is that everyone is happy, and we'll do what is needed to stop people from becoming offended or agitated. We won't ban somebody if we can help it. We certainly won't ban somebody who has made lots of helpful posts without first discussing the problem with the members involved.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff