SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP ME: Creating A Log for your moderators as been a PRO

There is DB that I'm writing which contains both the administrator, moderators and users Login information.

But I want to Create a " log" which will track the records of my Moderators of the TIme they Logged in, time they Logged Out, Date last Visited and thier names with thier e-mails.

I think this should be a challenge to every body to help me make this dream come through.

Though I thought of creating a flat file for it but to read it to PHP table is the problem and even to come about it.

Haryoh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i say make another table in your DB, with SessionID(aotu_increment) UserID, Date, Time In, Time Out..... and just update it on login and out,
    You will need a small popup to open a page for the logout incase they just close the page, but running the code and echoing <body onload=javascript:window.close() isnt too hard

See. easier than u thought eh?
    New Design - PHP Slowly flowing in!

Infizi Studio's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, an extra advantage of using a database log, is that you can query it etc etc, and add extra fields in as you want. And i mean sessionID just to give a unique ID to each time a user logs in, an outo coloumn will do the trick

#
    New Design - PHP Slowly flowing in!

Infizi Studio's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if I want to represent that SessionID() how and are my going to view thier lists both Past and Present?