SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am running a database driven Web site with PHP and MySQL. The site essentially consists of orders forms on a secure server where book buyers and order books from members of an authors co-op.

The HTML order pages are generated by MySQL. At this point, the results are posted to a logfile. Now, I need to use PHP to send information from the order forms to various places simultaneously. I need to:

1) Generate an email for the book's author containing the shipping information and other fields that are generated by the order form.

2) I need to do an HTTPS post to Authorize.net of several fields on the order form in order to automate the credit card processing.

3) I need to add the order to a MySQL "orders" database

4) I need to post a logfile of all the information to a secure site on the server.

I've managed to get pretty far in building the database-driven pages, but I can' figure out how to do multiple posts or embedded posts from one form.

Any tips?

Thanks much.

Greg R-L Authors@SignedCopy.com
    Authors Helping Authors Boost Profits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty advanced stuff, but it's definitely possible.

If you want to post forms to https servers using PHP you can do it with an open source library called snoopy:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/snoopy/

You will need to have a library called CURL installed on the web server in order to use snoopy. Further information is available on the snoopy site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SNOOPY

Can you give me a bit more info about Snoopy.

We're already doing secure posts just using HTTPS commands. The question is whether we can do multiple posts, some secure, some not secure.

Can you tell me a bit more about how Snoopy would help with this?

Greg R-L, Authors@SignedCopy.com
    Authors Helping Authors Boost Profits